Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Graphics Composer with uLCD-144

Hello all,

I am a total beginner trying to get some samples pictures from my computer to display on the LCD.

I am using an arduino as the master controller. My problem: after I try building the files which should be copied to a microSD card, it never writes anything to the drive. Also is there a step-by-step guide for getting it to work with an arduino? I am a little lost about the coding.

Thanks!

The graphics Composer User Guide, Section 4.2.4, SGC – uSD Raw should work for you.

If you are doing that I need some more information about what " it never writes anything to the drive" means and how you determined that's what happened.
    Mark

Comment

Hello,

I am following instructions in section 4.2.4 of the Graphics Composer user
      manual.

-I selected SGC - uSD Raw on a drive with RAW(3.69GB)
      -Sector offset is 0

When I press OK, the drive becomes unusable and windows tells me the drive needs to be formatted. On checking the properties, it says used space is 0KB and free space is 0KB.

I am attaching the output text file. I am using an Arduino Uno and I have the displayshield4d library by Oscar Gonzalez. I can write simple text and draw simple geometry with the library. What commands in the loop() section of the arduino code should I invoke to access the image? (I assume I have to use information from the output text file)

Thank you! Attached files mikey.txt (766 B)

Comment

When I press OK, the drive becomes unusable and windows tells me the drive needs to be formatted. On checking the properties, it says used space is 0KB and free space is 0KB.
        That is correct, Goldelox requires a RAW drive, Windows will complain about this, just ignore Windows.

Sorry I cabn't help you with the Arduino side of things, maybe you can work it out yourself now that you know to ignore Windows
        Mark

Comment

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Finally! Modified the library for displayshield4d to add in new sdDisplayImage function which takes in parameters specified by the documentation. At last nice, beautiful image appears!

Comment

Congrats
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X