Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uOLED-160-G1, Workshop, Graphics Composer, etc

Hi,
    I'm trying to work with a uOLED-160-G1 in Workshop 3.2.1.4. I'm at a loss on a number of fronts.
    First question: what platform should I be using? The platform menu has a lot of specific board entries, but the only one under "Goldelox GFX2" is "GOLDELOX-GFX2". Is that the one I want?
    Second: Assuming that's the correct platform for the uOLED-160-G1, how do I read an image file from the uSD? I'm following the attached slideshow demo which I found on these forums (now I can't find the thread where it's from), but it's using the "uOLED-GOLDELOX" platform, and it uses 4DGL functions that apparently aren't supported in "GOLDELOX-GFX2", like uSD_SetAdd(). This is perplexing to me because according to this, uSD_SetAdd() explicitly supports the uOLED-160-G1. But Workshop tells me that function doesn't exist when I have it set to GOLDELOX-GFX2, and if I set it to uOLED-GOLDELOX, it crashes when I try to compile.
    Third: My ultimate purpose here is to try to create a gauge readout like what I would use 4D VISI for in a larger board like the uLCD-43PT. I'm assuming that what I have to do is create a sequence of images of the rendered gauge graphic, import the frames individually into Graphics Composer, and then write them to the uSD in raw format. My question: why can't GC read from a compiled .GCI file? I'd love to be able to just create the gauge in Visi, import it into GC, and then write it to the uSD. Then I'd be able to select and display individual frames based on serial input (right?).
    Am I completely at sea here? Is this a sensible course of action? Will this even work, or should I be exploring other strategies (like just drawing boxes and lines on the screen and repainting it with every serial update)?
    Thanks for your patience. I'm very happy with my uLCD-43PT solution, and now I'm just trying to see how much of that I can translate to the uOLED-160-G1.
    Attached files Slideshow.4dg (3.4 KB)

Yes, GOLEDLOX-GFX2 is what you want.

The program you found is probably GFX (i.e. GFX1), the document you found on the website is also for GFX. If you really must, you can still compile GFX programs, it's just that windows wont let you as the old compiler tries to store intermediate files in the program files folder and that is no longer permitted in Vista or Windows 7.

GFX2 uses media_xxxx rather than uSD_xxxx. There are other differences as well, but that is the main one.

Don't hold your breath, but there's a good change Visi - Goldelox will be avalable from the Workshop page later today. This should solve most of your issues in one hit. The samples included should show you how to do what you are after.
    Mark

Comment

That sounds perfect. I appreciate the clarifications!

I'm on a rapid-prototyping deadline to get this working by this weekend, so my fingers are crossed for that new release today/tomorrow. Thanks indeed!

Comment

I've emailed it to your registered address.

Just hope your email system can handle 19mb attachments (dunno why so many don't in this day and age
        Mark

Comment

No such luck

"Remote host said: 552 Sorry, that message exceeds the maximum message length."
          Mark

Comment

Please send it to someone@somewhere.com. Thanks much!

Comment

Sent again
              Mark

Comment

Rejected again

Remote host said: 552 Sorry, that message exceeds themaximum message length.

We'll try and get it on our sever in the next couple of hours
                Mark

Comment

Try here http://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/Software/4DGL-Workshop3-IDE/4D_WS3_REV3.3.0.5.zip
                  Mark

Comment

You folks are awesome. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X