X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drjoel
    started a topic Command Line Download (Upload) to Flash

Command Line Download (Upload) to Flash

First I'd like to say congrats to 4D Systems on a great toolchain for creating apps for their displays. I've been using Workshop 3.2.1.4 to create programs for a uLCD-32PT_GFX2 with no problems at all. Our program fits in flash memory so the plan is to use that. These displays will be put into embedded devices which will go out into the field for scientific research applications.

Because these devices are going out into the field it's a requirement that we can run a single command or batch file (under Windows XP) to burn a compiled 4DGL program to flash (in case of any bug fixes / additional features). So we need to do the same thing as Workshop's 'Download' command but from a command line. Is there a recommended way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. I think the word 'downloader' used in Workshop IDE really means 'uploader'?!

• muckm
    replied

hello,

is there a plan to officially support uploading of gfx programs to the picaso from commandline under linux?

- michael

Leave a comment:

• 4dTechSupport
    replied

Please contact support at 4dsystems dot com dot au
    -Bilal

Leave a comment:

• daBONDi
    replied

No its a small embedded System, a little info for flashing code into it would be awesome so i can write my own programm

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Dunno, is dosemu available for Linux?

If so, you should be able to use scriptc under that

Leave a comment:

• daBONDi
    replied

Is there Something for Linux also? or a Document how the Serial communication should be to push a compiled code to the system?

Leave a comment:

• drjoel
    replied

Aha! Cool, that works fine. (And well done on making scriptc.exe free of dependencies so it's easy to transfer and run on a remote system!!)

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Follow directions in the Load4DGLProgram.4DScript script in the Scripts\4DGL samples folder

Leave a comment:

Working...
X