No announcement yet.

uVGA-II won't respond from power-up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uVGA-II won't respond from power-up...

Hi all.

I am trying to get the unit working with a PICAXE controller.

Here is the test code:

#no_data

setfreq m8 'Set 8MHz speed

high C.0 'pin high for TTL comms

pause 1200 'Allow uVGA to startup(must be at least 500ms)
    serout C.0,T9600_8,("U") 'Autobaud command. MUST be first command sent, MUST be 9600 baud.
    serin B.1,T9600_8,b1 'Wait for ack from uVGA
    pulsout B.1,10000 ' Pulse LED

start:
    serout C.0,T9600_8,("E") 'Clear the screen
    serin B.5,T9600_8,b1 'Listen for response from uVGA - don't care what byte it is
    pulsout b.1,10000 'Pulse LED
    serout C.0,T9600_8,("V") 'Request version information on screen
    serin B.5,T9600_8,b1 'Listen for response
    pulsout b.1,10000 'Pulse LED
    wait 8 '4 second delay
    goto start

Nothing fancy - just issues the autobaud character, then clears the screen, then shows the version info.

I am not getting anything - not even the first ack byte back once sending the U command at the very start.

I don't think I have done anything wrong with the test code.

I don't have pullups on TXD and RXD, but I did put them in for the purposes of testing, and that did not help at all, so I removed them again. Should TXD and RXD have 4k7 pullups or so?

I connected up a serial LCD module to the output of the PICAXE chip, and it most certainly is sending a U character about 600ms after power up, but the uVGA seems to be ignoring it.

Does anyone have any hints of things I could try?

What does the uVGA display on the attached monitor?

Have you got TX on the Picaxe connectred to RX on the uVGA and viceversa?
    Mark

Comment

Hello.

Thank you for the reply.

uVGA performs the normal starup - as though it has not received the U character.

The PICAXE output pin(port C.0) is connected to pin-3(RX) of the uVGA, and PICAXE input pin(port B.5) is connected to pin-2(TX) of the uVGA. RESET pin is left floating on the uVGA - not connected to anything, not even a wire attached to that pin.

With power applied, the screen is blank for about 5 seconds, then it shows the 4D splash-screen.

With my serial LCD terminal thing attached(and set to 9600 baud), what happens is that about 750ms from power-up, a U appears on the LCD, then followed by an E, a 250ms pause, then a V. The E and V sequence loops, the U is only sent once at power-up.

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Try increasing pause so that the Autobaud is not sent until after the splash appears.

If that works then try decreasing it a bit at a time
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X