Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magic_mauve
    replied

I'm definitely powering it with 5v and the command sequence sent is the same as the demo program. The only difference I can see is that the device I am using is slower at processing and responding to the commands from the camera than the demo program.

At this point I am going to stop and start work on the TTL version of the camera, which we also need to evaluate, to see if I have more success. If you do happen to know if there is a time-out on the camera between sending a DATA command and receiving the ACK with package id 0000h that would be very useful.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Two things to check.
    1. Ensure you really are powering the RS232 model from 5v. If you only give it 3.3v it will behave like that.

2. Check that the last command is valid and that nothing required so far has been missed, compare it closely to what the demo program sends.

If it still fails post the communications so far here.

Leave a comment:

• magic_mauve
    replied

Thanks for replying so fast! Unfortunately, I only have one RS232 between the PIC and the camera, so no display screen. I have looked via the scope and am not getting any bytes at all back from the camera after I sent the ACK following the received DATA command. The last ACK packet sent to the camera looked fine via the scope. Is there some sort of time-out on the camera between sending a DATA command and receiving the ACK with package id 0000h?

Leave a comment:

• meldavia
    replied

At the point of failure, add a bit of code to print the packet to the screen to see if you can see the problem.

Leave a comment:

• magic_mauve
    started a topic Synched and Initialised, but no data from camera

Synched and Initialised, but no data from camera

Hi,
    I have a uCAM-232, which when connected to the PC works well. When connecting to the microcontroller, I can synchronise, initialise, set the package size (to 66), get the ACK and DATA commands successfully from the camera, then I send an ACK with package ID 0000h. At this point, I never get any image data packets.

I have checked the last ACK with the scope, and the 6 bytes look right and are continuous. I have checked that all the previous commands are identical to the ones I used with the PC.

Does anyone have any idea why I am not seeing any image data from the camera?

Many thanks
Working...
X