Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to compile 4dg program

Gentlemen,
    I just added an additional function to my program. For reference it is func expandbuffer. Once I added that and hit compile, the compiler hits a wall. "Not responding".
    I have attached the file for your reference.
    Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Geof
    FYI running on Win 7 on a HP with 4 processors. Everything has worked VERY well up until this point. Attached files Planetarium1.4dg (11.8 KB)

I can't compile it due to not having fops.inc

However, I think the compiler is looping (check with taskmanager and terminate)

The compiler can sometimes loop when it gets syntactically invalid if statements

Often the compiler errors will show up around near where the error is after you terminate the compiler.

Otherwise check the 'new' code carefully, maybe commenting out peieces of code until you find the problem.
    Mark

Comment

Thank you. I forgot to send fops.inc. However, I did find the problem, an open for loop at the end of the file. Seems that in a future version of the compiler you might want to identify that condition, but just a suggestion. Also when you terminate the application via the task manager, the compiler continues to run as an open process. At one point I had 4 versions of the compiler running! Not sure why that should happen as I have not seen that behavior with other programs.
      Once again, I appreciate the prompt and helpful assistance from the support team.
      Regards,
      Geof

Comment

Since the compiler can be run stand alone, workshop starts it and waits for it to complete.

If you terminate the compiler, workshop will awake from it's apparent slumber.
        Mark

Comment

Yes, I just compiled (by fudging the missing constants from fops.c)
          and indeed it is the open 'for' loop causing the crash.
          There is also and undefined var 'last' (unless that happens to be in fops.c)

The open 'for' statement bug will be fixed for the next compiler release.
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X