Certain modes cause device instability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain modes cause device instability

I've got a OV528 (I'm pretty sure) based UCAM-232, and I've been trying to test it with the software demo. However, when I try certain modes the camera transmits a partial picture then stops. After this, all commands sent to the camera get a response of "Response to not correct" until I remove power and re-establish communications to the camera.

The modes I see this problem with are raw 320x240: 8b gray, 8b color, 12b color, 16b color, and all raw 640x480 modes.

Another interesting thing about this is that the amount of data transmitted before it stops (as far as I've seen) is consistent by which mode it is in. For example, when I try to get a raw 320x240 16b color image, it transmits an image size of 22528 then no longer functions afterward. But raw 640x480 8b color transmits an image size of 45056.

The easiest way to get that behaviour is if your receive buffer is being overrun.

Are you checking for that condition?
    Mark

Comment

Is there a way to modify the receive buffer if you're using the standalone application?

Comment

Which standalone application?

If you are talking about the uCamDemo program, which version are you using? (The first version had issues with this, but it was fixed in later versions)
        Mark

Comment

I am talking about the uCamDemo program. Its dated Dec 7 2009.

Comment

Where did you find that?

The current version on the web page is dated June 25 2010.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=82
            Mark

Comment

Working much better thanks. I found it from the distributor I purchased the unit from.

Comment

Working much better thanks. I found it from the distributor I purchased the unit from.

Comment

Working...
                X