X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michael_4D
    replied
    Hello,

You seem to be on the right track with this.

You seem to have already saved the graphics files (gci and dat) to the SD card.

You can use the host microcontroller to call and write to the widgets.

This application note might help you understand it much better:

Serial Arduino Displaying Images from the uSD Card FAT16
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00100/

You might want to consult the Picaso Serial comand reference manual for the complete set of commands that you could use.

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    It works at 200000 bps. I've noticed though that display needs quite good power supply of 5V or more volts in order to work properly. I have put a stepup to 5V switch regulator.

From a Computer's USB it rarely works. from a laboratory power supply, with input voltage at 5 Volts it always works fine.

Now i'm about to use the VISI, with 32PTU SPE, in order to try the gauge for speed. Is there any documentation or example, of how could we connect the gause from VISI with an external microcontroller?

I have already created the gauge and load the files in the uSD. Thanks a lot for your kind help and support.

Leave a comment:

• Eran
    replied
    Thanks. Just keep us posted so we'll know what help we could offer.

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    No i dont mind about higher baudrate.. The higher the better. I dont Know if i could manage to use the microcontroller at that higher rate.

A simple CALCULATION gives me 0% error on a PIC18F26K22 with 64Mhz clock speed.

Let me see what can i do.
    Last edited by astasuleo; 30th July 2018, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eran
    replied
    Hi,

Pearl is currently unavailable right now.
    The issue that you’re facing seems to be from the Baud Rate Percentage error. Can you try higher Baud Rates like 200K and see if you’re still having an issue? Or do you really need to use 115 200 baud?
    Also, please make sure that the baud rates of both the display and the controller are of the same value. One more thing that you may look into is the baud rate of your GPS. Have you tried a communication between the display and the controller without the GPS at 115 200 baud rate?

A deeper explanation can be found here: https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...-rate-question

The Maximum Baud rate of Picasso is 256K and is documented in PICASO DATASHEEET under Pin Description section.

Best Regards,

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    Ok it is being about a week i'm using the SPE. There are some advantages and some disadvantages.

I only keep the advantages for now.

Would you help me to use the 32PTU at 115200 bps speed rate with the external micro controller?

I already use to one of the EUART ports the GPS at this rate and works fine. But i cannot make the 32PTU to work at this rate as well.

I can only make it work at 57600 bps.

Is there anything im doing wrong, or this is the highest rate for the PICASO 32PTU?

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    I will try my best to use the GFX and SPE command set. (the best would be to use totally the 4D environment and language but this will take long time and i need to see lot of examples. )

For now i'm trying to understand how could i use the SPE and serial commands with the external PIC18F26K22

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    Im using an external microcontroller, and i send the commands from there. It looks easier to me to control the display from the microcontroller. I really like to check the migration pdf. For me to really understand how the migration can be done, i might need sometime, and better to say, some real simple example.

Let me first check the pdf and i will come will keep you updated.

thanks a lot for the pmmc files.

I know that using GFX will be simpler and faster. But i need to understand how to use the GFX with the external microcontroller. Please have in mind that i have an external microcontroller because i only know simple and basic programming, and the language i do the commands is PIC BASIC PRO 3.

Leave a comment:

• Pearl
    replied
    Hi,

Attached below is the landscape version file of µLCD-32PTI(SGC) and µLCD-32PT(SGC).

uLCD32PTR24PmmCs.zip

By the way, may I ask why you prefer to use SGC PmmC? The device can also be run to GFX PmmC, between the two PmmC. It is best to migrate in GFX PmmC and setup it in serial SPE environment as the SGC PmmC is no longer supported. Kindly refer to this application note https://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloa...0037_R_1_0.pdf for you to be guided on how to migrate from PicasoSGC/Picaso-GFX to Picaso.

Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pearl; 17th July 2018, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    Dear Pearl,

the driver is the old one. So i would like if it is possible the landscape pmmc files for the 32PT. Which in the link there is only one file for this driver and it is a portrait.

Could you please share the SGC landscape files for the 32PT? thanks a lot for your kind help and support.

Leave a comment:

• Pearl
    replied
    Hi,

µLCD-32PT(SGC) have two PmmC files. One is for HX8347A Driver IC (uLCD-32PTSGC-R22.PmmC) and the other is for Latest ILI9341 Driver IC (uLCD-32PT-I-SGC-R22.PmmCv), for further information, kindly visit this link: http://old.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=209. Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Pearl

Last edited by Pearl; 17th July 2018, 01:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• astasuleo
    replied
    are there anyPmmC landscape files SGC for uLCD 32PT.

Please not the 32PTI but 32PT.

If anyone has the latest version of those SGC landscape file for 32PT please share.

thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• davidsgr
    replied

thanks..!!!

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Sounds like the display may be faulty, please contact support at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Leave a comment:

• davidsgr
    replied

Just a white screen.Previously in other displays the same as this ,when i had problem i was just load the ppmc file and when start the display , starts with the 4d systems logo, After the load i dont have the logo but i have only white screen..!!!

Thanks for the fast responce.
    David

Leave a comment:

Working...
X