Write Sector Block Data - How To Count Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write Sector Block Data - How To Count Address

Currently I´m trying to get the write sector block data command to work. The problem is, that not every sector will be written to, altough I receive an ACK. Has anybody similar experiences?
    I increment the sector address by one, is that right?

Flo,

There were issues with bytewise writes (fixed with PmmC Rev2 release) but no issues relating to sector writes. Can you provide a brief description of your setup? e.g. Voltage supply, host controller, etc etc
    Atilla

Comment

Hi Atilla,

I´m unsing an FPGA. I wrote the UART Driver myself. Other external hardware which uses the same UART driver works properly. I´ve tried 3.3V and 5V vcc with no difference. I noticed that blockwise write works if I insert some wait cycles between two consecutive writes, however bandwith is almost the half after that. I need to store Data from an inertial measurement unit at 100Hz and GPS Data at 1Hz, so I have to use a Baudrate of 256000 bit/s to have enough bandwidth.

Here´s a code snipped. The language is called handel-c but it is very similar to ansi-c

/*write sector block data to SD Card*/
      UART_Tx[1](TxBit, 0x40, 1);
      UART_Tx[1](TxBit, 0x57, 1);

/*Sector Address*/
      UART_Tx[1](TxBit, sectorAddress[23:16], 1);
      UART_Tx[1](TxBit, sectorAddress[15:8], 1);
      UART_Tx[1](TxBit, sectorAddress[7:0], 1);

for(i=0; i != BLOCKSIZE; i++){

UART_Tx[1](TxBit, SBD[i

Comment

I increment the sector address by one, is that right?

Last edited by carryonjutta; 23 January 2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X