Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uSD partitionning

Dear All,

In order to use screen grab application provided by steve4690, I'm trying to make 2 partition on my uSD card.
    The first partition shall be in FAT format and the second one shall be RAW data containing my usefull images.

When using RMPET 1.1 with "Let me specify parameters" option, I'm not able to specify the second partition and Graphic Composer tool doesn't see the second RAW data partition.

How can I create this second partition?

thank's for your reply.

When RMPET was being developed it was thought that Windows would treat the partition tables on a uSD card the same as it does on a normal hard disk.

In fact it doesn't, it 'observes' the first partition details and ignores the rest.

Hence you only need to use the two buttons ('Delete Partition Table' and 'Create / Alter Partition Table') and the 'partition parameters' panel.
    Mark

Comment

I understand that I just have to use RMPET.
      When editing the partition table, in RMPET, the second line is disabled, then I'm not able to specify it.
      then, how can I create the second partition?

Comment

[list type=decimal][*]Run RMPET[*]Select the uSD card you wish to partition[*]If 'Delete Partition Table' is available to be clicked[list type=decimal][*]Click it and confirm deletion[*]Remove and reinsert uSD so windows detects the partitionless uSD card.[*]If windows pops up offering to format the uSD card for you click cancel.[/list type=decimal][*]Select the partition parametersIf the card is > 2gig click 'Maximum FAT16 Size'If the card is smaller, Click '%age to allocate to first partition' and change the value to 50Click 'Create / Alter Partition Table'Confirm that you want to do thatRemove and reinsert uSD so windows detects the partitionless uSD card.If windows pops up offering to format the uSD card for you click format and then select FAT File systemOtherwise do a Format anyway selecting the FAT File system.[/list type=decimal]
        Mark

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to have these instructions somewhere more prominent... FAQ maybe? Very helpful.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
            X