Getting errors & can't load after project open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting errors & can't load after project open

Whenever I create a project in 4D workshop 3, I am having an issue.

I can set up code and load up videos and images to run on 4D-Visi. The I compile-n-load , and it created the content, loads to SD card, and then loads the program to the screen module.

I save the project ..

When I reopen the project, i can see all the support files come up in the object inspector, and code is the same, however I get errors on all video and images saying it cant load these ..

How can I just open a project and load the code to the module when i know its good ? I also need to be able to load the code without having to compile/generate the media to the SD card every time ..

How can I " load" only .. and not have to do " compile-n-load" every time ?

thanks for any suggestions .. as you can tell, im new to this, however i can make my way around enough to get content running the way I need

~V~

For a Visi program there are three steps

Build (the images, gui setup etc and copy it to uSD)
    Compile (the source code)
    Load (the compiled program onto the display)

The Build step should only happen if a 'visual' change has occurred.

When I reopen the project, i can see all the support files come up in the object inspector, and code is the same, however I get errors on all video and images saying it cant load these ..
    This is the strange bit. All the images and video are stored (copied to) the programname.imgdata folder (which is in the same folder as the program is in) during save they are copied there and they should be reloaded from there later.

Can you check this folder and its contents to see if you can see what is going on?
    Mark

Comment

all the folders and contents don't change ... I can literally load and compile onto one screen/SD .. close 4d workshop, open it back up and open the last recent program .... i click to comp-n-load , and i get an error .. not all the time, but often. the " media Image(0,0); line will be errored out .

also, how can I load code to the screens without always having to compile the media ?? I am looking to be able to program several dozen screens one after the other, and use SD cards I duplicated with a SD raw copy ..

thank you very much for the help

Wojtek

Comment

It doesn't make much sense what you are saying.

IF you don't change anything you should be able to load (the program only) onto multiple cards just be clicking load.

Try zipping up and attaching all your files here
        Mark

Comment

thanks ... i will take a screen capture and post a youtube link also if that helps

Wojtek

Comment

Please see the attached file ... This loaded up and worked. I saved, and closed the Workshop. I opened the project, and then get an error on load. The only way to go on is to remove any image and video references, and paste them in over again from the object inspector . All images and videos are in the object inspector as before ...

Wojtek Attached files

Comment

I need you to zip up the .4dg, .4dvisi and .imgdata folders and attach them to this thread.

There is no way I can work out what is wrong in this case from a screen shot or a video
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X