Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PmmC 3.1 issue

Hello,
    i've uploaded version 3.1 of PMMC uLCD 4.3 instead of 3.0, and i found two issue:
    - at the power up the display blink continually per 3 second before to load the software
    - the function file_Mount don't recognize the SD present.
    These issue were not present whith the old versione 3.0.

Thanks,
    Max

Hi Max,
    Could you please provide the exact file name or link on our website to the PmmC file you used? Do you have a Non-Touch, Resistive Touch or a Capacitive Touch 4.3" module? Please attach your test program so we can try the same program in here.

FYI: PICASO-GFX2-ReleaseNotes-R31 (Replace the Compiler V 2.7.0.2 before using R31 PmmCs. Find the compiler and further details in the Release Distribution zip.)
    -Bilal

Comment

I'm using the version 3.1 to for the uPLCD 43 PT (touch-screen resistive) present in your distribution "PmmC R3.1 release bundle...", the compiler it's update to the last version 2.7.0.2.
      The same defect it's present when load the program "rundemos.4dg" updated for the Pmmc 3.1 (define NEWCOMPILER active).

Max

Comment

The symptoms are all pointing to power supply inadequacy.

Does the issue go away if you revert to the R30 PmmC?
        Mark

Comment

Hello,
          all programs works fine with the PmmC version 3.0 ! I think the flash of the display at the startup are due to a power below 5 volt (system in reset); i'll check the power supply with the Oscilloscope!

There are difference in the Pmmc 3.1 related the 3.0 during the bootstrap (initialization of some IC) that produce the falls of the 5 voltage ??

Max

Comment

There have been no changes in that area.

As well as that we have tried with several boards here and have not been able to recreate the problem you are observing.
            Mark

Comment

Hello,
              i changed the SD and now the program works fine with the PmmC 3.1 ! The old brand was Maxell - 2 Gbyte, the new is unknow - size 512 Mbyte.
              Also i measure the clock of SPI bus from uP to SD and i found these difference from 3.0 to 3.1:
              3.0 - at the power up the clock is 170 Khz for a few mS and after switch to 14 Mhz
              3.1 - at the power up the clock is 700 Khz for a few mS and after switch to 14 Mhz.
              I think the high SPI clock it's not compatible with some brand of SD.

Max - Italy

Comment

Thanks for the report Max,
                We will run some tests and report back to you asap.
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Yes Max you are correct, the startup SPI speed was set incorrectly in 3.1

It has been fixed for 3.2 and will be released some time this week.
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Hello,
                    thanks for your support !
                    Max - Italy

Comment

Any idea when 3.2 will be released? I get same issues since I'm on 3.1 and I also have some weird behaviour I didn't have before:
                      - pictures not always at the good place after a screen refresh
                      - pictures corrupted after few mins

Comment

There is no known problem in the areas you describe.

Can you please isolate the issue and post your results here so that we can confirm if there is a problem
                        Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X