Unable to communicate with the 43PT GFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to communicate with the 43PT GFX

I am running 4D's Workshop 3.3.0.16, and whenever I try to download anything to the 43PT board I get an error saying "Device is not responding. Please check your configurations. Have you got an SGC PmmC loaded by mistake?" I am not sure how to fix this problem. I have nothing attached to the board at all, I did open up the Terminal Connect @ 9600, and I was able to connect to the board through that, and somewhat force my project along. There is nothing coming back from the board though. I tried uninstalling everything, through the use of Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled it but that didn't do anything. The problem still persists. Can anybody point me in the proper direction in which to take, in order to fix this problem? I am guessing it has something to do with the hardware, and not the software, but I do not know this for sure.

Is this a different 43PT?

You seem to have had a 43PT working before.

What has changed?
    Mark

Comment

Yea, I didn't really change much... Just tried to update the workshop.

Comment

Hmm that cant have caused anything untowards

What about your programming cable? Are all the wires still securely attached?

Especially check the reset wire

Check the TX and RX by jointing them together and typing stuff into terminal, it should echo
        Mark

Comment

Once I get back into the lab on monday, I will try these out, and check out the RX/TX as well as the Reset Line. I am using the 4D System USB to Serial Cable by the way.

Comment

Ok, so I have a 32PT-GFX board, that I was able to test out the 4D Programming cable, as well as the USB-CE5 programming chip on, and I was able to communicate to the 32PT board, but when I tried each of them with the 43PT-GFX board that I have, neither were able to communicate with the board. It would give me the same errors. So that is making me think that something on the board is faulty, however I really don't know.

Comment

Can you check D1 and D4 to see if they aren't open circuit (both are beneath the J2 header)
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X