Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uVGA-II not displaying picture bmp jpg etc

Hello fellas,
    I am successful in communicating and displaying boxes and drawing lines and setting background colour, but I am unsuccessful in displaying picture from SD card. I am using PIC micro-controller for sending serial data to micro-vga-II.

I just want to ask if I am sending the right data and with right procedure.

I made 16bit bmp picture and named it FFGG.bmp.

Then I added in Graphic Composer which successfully build the file in 2GB micro-SD Card, after formatting on (FAT-16).

I copied all files and then sending this data one by one
    0x55,0x59,0x0c,0x02,0x59,0x08,0x00,0x46,0x03,0x45, for initializing

0x40,0x69,0x40,0x6D,0x46,0x46,0x47,0x47,0x2E,0x47,0x43,0x49,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00 FOR DISPLAYING PICTURE

but still I am not getting the picture on screen, i have tried all resolution from Graphic composer
    Fahad Farooqi
    Sir Syed University Of Engineering And Technology
    [email protected]

I certainly hope you are sending the commands one at a time, and waiting for the ACK/NAK between them, just blurting that out to the display sounds like a recipie for disaster, especially with longer commands like the uSD functions are.

Have you tried using FAT Controller? It will often help you to understand what may be wrong / missunderstood with what you are trying to do.
    Mark

Comment

Ok, now i can think of my problem, but i believe that there is no data lost and i can send multiple and longer commands via serial communication by this method and i am not using any type of acknowledgement. I am just sending the data and it responds me greatly.

Moreover, i am able to use Screen Copy รข Save to Card (FAT) - @63hex in raw format and it works okay.

No i have not tried fat controller.

I think i have to use hand shaking method.
      Fahad Farooqi
      [email protected]

Comment

But still I cant display image
        Fahad Farooqi
        [email protected]

Comment

Post the fat controller log, along with a chkdsk and dir of the uSD
          Mark

Comment

Version 0.000 [56 00] 4DRom file not found, cannot simulate DisplayGet Status 0.000 [7A] Control 0.218 [59 0C 02] Version 0.219 [56 01]Micro-VGAHardware Revision: 10Firmware Revision: 20H res: ? UnknownV res: ? UnknownInit uSD 0.234 [40 69] Get Status 0.000 [7A] Dir Fat 0.500 [40 64 2A 00]IMG1.RAWFFGG.GCSFFGG.DATFFGG.GCFFGG.TXTFFGG.GCIDisplay Image Icon Fat 1.388 [40 6D 46 46 47 47 2E 47 43 49 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]
            Fahad Farooqi
            [email protected]

Comment

Ok Using Fat Controller, I can see the image on my LCD display.......My resolution is 800x480 and it is perfect....but i am still not able to display it using my serial circuit...
              Fahad Farooqi
              [email protected]

Comment

So the FAT Controller log shows you what it sent and received, all you need to do is get your environment to copy it.
                Mark

Comment

Ok now I am able to display.....THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR ADVICE....
                  Fahad Farooqi
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X