Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Visi QWERTY keyboard

Hi,
    I am developing a textbox control in Visi. For giving input string to this control, i am using Visi QWERTY keyboard. I have customized this keyboard and integrated with this textbox control.Now the Problem what i am facing is that, when i was running the application, it got crashed when i pressed 'Z' key from my customized keyboard. Also if i press 'Caps Lock', shift key got pressed. Please help me to come out from this problem..here i am attaching my customized KBD files. please find it... Attached files KBD.zip (3.5 KB)
    RHS

The 'caps lock' vs shift key could mean you need to calibrate your touch.

The 'Z' crash is probably a bug in your program, there's no program associated with the files you have attached.
    Mark

Comment

Could you please tell me, How can i callibrate my touch.??
      RHS

Comment

Not sure which display you have, but this is the 'regular' one http://www.4dsystems.com.au/code/index.php?node=75&id=103 (should work for all displays except the 4.3")
        Mark

Comment

i am using PICASO GFX2 uLCD-32PT. Thank you..
          RHS

Comment

I followed your instruction by calibrating my LCD. But still the problem persist. Crashing problem got solved. As you said,it was a bug in my program, but the issue of Caps and shift keys still there. Here i am attaching my source code. Please go through it...i am waiting for your kind guidance..thanks..

Attached files Keyboard.zip (4.1 KB)
            RHS

Comment

Umm, are you sure you aren't missinterpreting normal behaviour as an error?

Have a play with it
              Mark

Comment

Sorry i did n't get you...did you go through my code which i attached with the prev. message. when you will execute it, you can see that when you will press Caps key, shift key will go down not caps. Functional vice its OK, means i am not getting any secondary key values when i am pressing caps, but the only problem is that the key is not going down when i am pressing, instead shift key is gets affected. Why it is so...??
                RHS

Comment

I see the key doesn't 'stay down' but it does work the same as most touch keyboards (they hold down the shift key when the 'LOCK' key is activated)

Or am I missing something?
                  Mark

Comment

I have attached a replacement KBRoutines.inc. Place it in your project folder initially, you can move it to your C:\Program Files\4D Labs\4D Workshop 3 IDE\INCLUDE folder if you are happy with it.

In this version the 'Caps Lock' and 'Shift' keys operate like they were meant to originally

Als note that the [ and ] keys are generated incorrectly. You will need to change the 'Key value' and 'Sh Key value; from -1 to 91 and 123 for [ and 93 and 125 for ]
                    Mark

Comment

Ok..moderator that is fine..thanks a lot for your continuous support ...i know its not a serious issue..but what i expect more is that if i press caps lock the key has to stay down so that when a second person seeing this he has to have the feeling that the caps key is pressed. Because i am design this entire GUI application for a 3rd party user. So from their point of view, if they don't feel that a key is pressed after pressing(not functional vice), then they will report it as bug. With your right guidance, i could solve my issues..thanks...
                      RHS

Comment

I have one more suggestion. In the key board editor, if i set a key color and next time when i want to do some minute change in the color, then it is very hard. why because, when i click on the color, a Color picker screen will come but its pointer will go somewhere else, other than my selected color. So each time i need to find out my already set color in the picker window and do the modifications. Please have a look on to this...
                        RHS

Comment

Um, what I'm finding is that changes made in the keyboard editor are lost.

This is because the changes do not seem to be detected.

I need to change something in the object inspector to cause the changed state to be detected.

I found that changing the name of the keyboard and then changing it back is sufficient.

Is this what you mean?
                          Mark

Comment

Yes, really..
                            RHS

Comment

Is there an example that you can direct me to that would show how to run a program from flash that calls other smaller programs that are located on the sd card that is initiated by pressing a key on a keyboard. I am interested in using a keyboard that utilizes your custom keyboard functions, KB Routines not a keyboard that is created as a collection of buttons.
                              This may seem like a simple request, but I have had a tough time getting this to work. I can make a keyboard that will launch several smaller programs from the sd card, but I have not been able to get the program to return back to the keyboard to select another file without having the program crash due to a recursive error after several key presses. I am using the file Run command, but I have used the file Exec command also with the same result. The strange part is that when I do a mem check the stack size seems to be stable. The program terminates with a blank screen or with a stack error. I have yet to see an example of this done anywhere. I am using a ulcd28pt GFX with the most current workshop and PmmC versions.

Thanks for any suggestions
                              Attached files program_trial1.rtf (41.3 KB)

Comment

Working...
                              X