Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customize FONT4.fnt file

Hi,
    Anybody knows how i can customize FONT4.fnt which is coming with 4DWorkshop ide. Actually why i need to customize this file is that when i include this .fnt into my 4d visi application, my code size increases to additional 3KB. In my application i will use numbers 0 to 9 and a special symbol '%' only. no more characters needed. So is it possible for me to customize this .fnt file according to my requirement. Thanks..
    RHS

If you are happy with that font the easiest thing to do is delete all the data after the comment for the '9' character.

Other than that, you probably need to read AN-1005 http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes.php
    Mark

Comment

Yes, now the code size reduced to 1KB.Its working fine. If i delete the data coming before 0, will it work. I have attached the customized FONT4.fnt file. but its is giving an erroneous output. Please go through it...thanks
      RHS

Comment

I can't see any attachment, what I presume you are saying is it gives erroneous output if you delete the data before the 0.

If you do that you will need to change the number suffixed with '// starting offset', i.e. add 16 to it

I thought you wanted the %? You could always leave only it before the 0 and make the offset 47. Of course that would mean to print a % you would say print("/"), hope that makes sense
        Mark

Comment

Sorry, i forgot to attach the file...anyway you mean it correctly....thanks....i have done the way you suggested and its working fine..thanks moderator..
          RHS

Comment

Working...
          X