Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visi color change

Hi,

Could you please say me how can i change a button color in visi application?

iWinbutton17.Color and derivatives does not work!

Best regards,
    Serkan

Ypu can't change a color by direct editing.

After you click on a color field's value and ellipses (...) appears to the right, click on that to edit the color.
    Mark

Comment

Hi,

I cant beleive this. if so, whole of my work with Visi will be meaningless. I set up user interface with forms and pasted all codes into project. But buttons are used to indicate a signal is present or not. I m receiving some message over rs-232 and update button colors in run time execution. In run time it is not possible to go color field and click it. There must be a way to do this as all other visual programming provides this functionality.

isnt there any way to change button color in runtime? or is there any workaround for it ?

or what is your suggestion for using indicators whose colors are changed during program execution ?

The problem is that; when i use visi application buttons and user interface becomes more sensetive about colors and seems well as well as writing code is easier, however; when i use direct coding by using gfx commands it is hard to code for touch sense and colors are not good as in visi.

Best regards,
      Serkan

Comment

To solve your problem, create two buttons in the same location, but with different colors.

Display the 'correct' on at any given time.

You can't expect a tiny chip chip to give you 'Windows' functionality the same way as Windows does.

You just need to think outside the box a bit
        Mark

Comment

is it the same for caption as well? I mean changing of the button text. do i need to add a new button for every button text?
          Serkan

Comment

For changing the text of a button you can either print it over the button immediately after displaying it.

For 'neater' text, you can use a strings object and use it in the same way.
            Mark

Comment

Could you please give me example of implementations:

- How to make a button visible and not visible
              - How to change a button text

When i clarify these i will update the codes and finilaze user interface. I hope device flash size will be enough since the button count will be double for color change requirement.

Best regards,
              Serkan

Comment

I don't know how you are going for FLASH space, but an extra button only uses about 28 bytes.

Have a look at the attached Attached files ThreebuttonText.zip (5.9 KB)
                Mark

Comment

Alternatively, you could do it the old fashioned way (pre-Visi), load all your images into graphics composer, dump the results into a raw sector, and have unlimited buttons and other graphics with no additional overhead......

It might seem like a bit more work, since you need to create the button images yourself, but in reality its pretty easy (and a bit faster to display, to boot)....

The biggest downside is you need to do more of the touch detection yourself.....

Comment

I dont like to sense button touch and draw buttons myself That is why i chose visi application. I already completed a project with that way which it time consuming. Visi is best but i think needs to be developed a little more. For example color change feature is quite important and should be involved.

Anyhow, i will try to double buttons and change strings as indicated here. You say a button uses 28 bytes what happens when using tenths of buttons. Infact, i think visi adds some other codes a part from display to init buttons. When i complete project i will try to remove some default codes inserted by visi in order to save flash space.

Thanks for your helps,

Best regards,
                    Serkan

Comment

I think img_SetWord should be used for writing different things on image entries. There is an example of this function usage in manual as shown below;

func cat()
                      var private frame :=0;
                      var private image :=SPRITE_CAT;
                      var private speed :=30;

img_SetWord(Ihndl, image, IMAGE_INDEX, frame++);

frame:=frame % img_GetWord(Ihndl,image,IMAGE_FRAMES);

img_Show(Ihndl,image);
                      sys_SetTimer(TIMER3,speed)

i think this function continously changes image value. I m using buttons but they are also images as well.

at least i could use img_GetWord to get image/button position that i can overwrite.

Best regards,
                      Serkan

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Yes, img_SetWord can be used to set the X and Y positions of an image/video

A button is a 4 frame video the frame that is displayed is based on its 'position', IIRC up=0, up-pressed=1, down=2, down-pressed=3
                        Mark

Comment

I tough img_SetWord may be used to give a string by using offset as IMAGE_LOWORD. But i think this does not mean image label.

Anyhow, i used img_GetWord to find button position and over printed by using print and putnum. They are working.

Hopefully, my second user interface application will be completed after a few minutes later.

From now on, i think i will go with Visi and will be update the tool into Workshop 4.

Best regards
                          Serkan

Comment

Working...
                          X