uCam-TTL not responding to Sync command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uCam-TTL not responding to Sync command

I am sending the sync command (static uint8_t sync[6] = {0xAA, 0x0D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00} one byte at a time to the uCam-TTL using an Atxmega128A3U via UART using a 56700 Baud and I am not receiving anything from the camera in response. I send the command 30 times, delay 200ms and send it 30 more times. I have a UART receive interrupt setup to light up an LED anytime it is triggered. I have shorted the rx and tx lines together to check that the interrupt is working and it is. Any C source code or help of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

- Mike

Same problem for me.

I'm using a uCAM-TTL with the 4D uCam Demo from Workshop 4 and the following connections:

pin 2 = +3.3V
    pin 3 = ground + ground of programming cable
    pin 4 = RX of programming cable
    pin 5 = TX of programming cable

as per ?CAM-TTL to 4D Programming Cable page 20

The only answer is

Opening COM3 Speed=14400 baudSync [AA 0D 00 00 00 00] Response missingSync failed, is uCam connected?Sync [AA 0D 00 00 00 00] Response missingSync failed, is uCam connected?
    I also tried with 9600 and 115200, with same result.

I've seen this very issue has been raised many times before on this forum. I've tested all the solutions mentioned -even swapping RX and TX- but none worked for me.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Avenue33, can you try at 56700 (the default speed of the demo program)?

archbolm, is it conected the way avanue33 lists and are you sure the Atxmega128 is sending what you think it is sending? Do you have the uCam demo program that you can test?
      Mark

Comment

Same answer

Opening COM3 Speed=57600 baudSync [AA 0D 00 00 00 00] Response missingSync failed, is uCam connected?Sync [AA 0D 00 00 00 00] Response missingSync failed, is uCam connected?Sync [AA 0D 00 00 00 00] Response missingSync failed, is uCam connected?
        Attached files

Comment

How to know my camera isn't defective?

Comment

Hello,

If you have swapped the RX and TX lines, then presumably you would have connected the TX of your uCAM to the TX of something else. That may well damage the ports as they would have been trying to drive in different directions.

I also have problems in getting a reliable SYNC to work. I have to power down my camera and then issue the SYNC commands, before I get any success.

I think that I may have to resort to using some extra hardware to reset it.
            Gwae fi fy myw mewn oes mor ddreng.

Comment

ESPsupport,

I switched the Tx/Rx lines and the camera has started responding but it appears to just be junk data. To be clear, I have it connected in the following order:
              pin 2 = 3.3V
              pin 3 = GND
              pin 4 = Tx of MCU
              pin 5 = Rx of MCU

Here is my Sync function:

int Cam_Sync(void){

int sync_counter = 0;

while((sync_counter

Comment

Can you share the 'junk data' with us?
                Mark

Comment

It varies from one byte to 6 bytes and it is not always the same. I get a lot of 0x00 bytes and the occasional 0x03, 0x06, or 0xA0. Also, i get the sync command back every once in a while but that is not as common. For instance, I tend to get a 01 00 00 00 00 00 or just 6 bytes of 00. It seems as if the camera does not understand the commands that I am sending it and is just spitting out random data. But I am not sure what the issue is.

Comment

Any solution?

Comment

I have solved the problem! I read in another forum that this camera has issues operating at higher baud rates when powered with 3.3 volts. So, I lowered the baud rate to 14400 bps and it worked first try! Hope this helps someone who also had this issue!

Comment

Thanks for the hint.

Already tested, with no results.

Comment

Are you using software or hardware serial?

There's a bug in software serial that may be affecting the uCam see here

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/1195
                          Mark

Comment

I'm using the 4D Programming Cable.

Posted 29/12/12 at 08:05 AM
                            I'm using a uCAM-TTL with the 4D uCam Demo from Workshop 4 and the following connections:
                            • pin 2 = +3.3V
                            • pin 3 = ground + ground of programming cablepin 4 = RX of programming cablepin 5 = TX of programming cable
                            as per ?CAM-TTL to 4D Programming Cable page 20

Comment

I'm giving up.

I'll buy another camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X