Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fcasveg
    replied

while I was making some testing, I noticed I need to reset the camera every time I try to sync it. Finally I decide to connect the Vcc cable of the cam to a digital output of my mcu (maple), set it to Low level in the setup, and raise it to high just before syncing.

try it.

Leave a comment:

• darkdragon
    replied

I've been using them for over a year without issues...first verify that your connections are correct: 3.3V, GND, TXD and RXD (note that TXD goes to RXD on your interface). Make sure the voltage is 3.3V....3.1V may make it fail. Once that is verified, power up the camera and send the SYNC command at one of the known baudrates (I use 115200) and verify that you see it on the RX pin of the camera with a scope. If you don't receive a reply within 100ms, send it again. It may take up to 60 times or 1 second before it finally replies.

Works every time

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Have you got a 4D programming cable (or CE5 or MB5) do you have it working with the uCAM demo software?

How are you connecting it? (can you show a circuit diagram)

Yery few uCAMs are actually faulty, although we have seen instances of people connecting TTL uCAMs to RS232 and this, not unexpectedly destroys them.

Leave a comment:

• umit
    replied

i have 2 uCAM-TTL too and i bought them for my master thesis. but they aren'T responding to SYNC commands and my time is passing. i tested them with special equipments in a company and they said they r not working. it seems i threw my money to the garbage. what do u suggest? should choose another camera? or is there any chance that they will work? i'm desperate now.

Leave a comment:

• avenue33
    replied

I'm giving up.

I'll buy another camera.

Leave a comment:

• avenue33
    replied

I'm using the 4D Programming Cable.

Posted 29/12/12 at 08:05 AM
    I'm using a uCAM-TTL with the 4D uCam Demo from Workshop 4 and the following connections:
    • pin 2 = +3.3V
    • pin 3 = ground + ground of programming cablepin 4 = RX of programming cablepin 5 = TX of programming cable
    as per ?CAM-TTL to 4D Programming Cable page 20

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Are you using software or hardware serial?

There's a bug in software serial that may be affecting the uCam see here

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/1195

Leave a comment:

• avenue33
    replied

Thanks for the hint.

Already tested, with no results.

Leave a comment:

• archbolm
    replied

I have solved the problem! I read in another forum that this camera has issues operating at higher baud rates when powered with 3.3 volts. So, I lowered the baud rate to 14400 bps and it worked first try! Hope this helps someone who also had this issue!

Leave a comment:

• avenue33
    replied

Any solution?

Leave a comment:

• archbolm
    replied

It varies from one byte to 6 bytes and it is not always the same. I get a lot of 0x00 bytes and the occasional 0x03, 0x06, or 0xA0. Also, i get the sync command back every once in a while but that is not as common. For instance, I tend to get a 01 00 00 00 00 00 or just 6 bytes of 00. It seems as if the camera does not understand the commands that I am sending it and is just spitting out random data. But I am not sure what the issue is.

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied

Can you share the 'junk data' with us?

Leave a comment:

• archbolm
    replied

ESPsupport,

I switched the Tx/Rx lines and the camera has started responding but it appears to just be junk data. To be clear, I have it connected in the following order:
    pin 2 = 3.3V
    pin 3 = GND
    pin 4 = Tx of MCU
    pin 5 = Rx of MCU

Here is my Sync function:

int Cam_Sync(void){

int sync_counter = 0;

while((sync_counter

Leave a comment:

• gwynwi
    replied

Hello,

If you have swapped the RX and TX lines, then presumably you would have connected the TX of your uCAM to the TX of something else. That may well damage the ports as they would have been trying to drive in different directions.

I also have problems in getting a reliable SYNC to work. I have to power down my camera and then issue the SYNC commands, before I get any success.

I think that I may have to resort to using some extra hardware to reset it.

Leave a comment:

• avenue33
    replied

How to know my camera isn't defective?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X