Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFX mode - Anyone tried to update a ARDUINO program from the uVGA-II

Hi,

The project I am working on involves a ARDUINO MEGA that will communicate with the uVGA-II in GFX mode. There will be a connection between the UART1 port of the uVGA-II and the UART0 port on the ARDUINO MEGA. The PORT0 is used to program the ARDUINO MEGA through USB with the help of the BootLoader. I was wondering if it would be possible for the uVGA-II to read the ARDUINO program to be uploaded in the FLASH memory of the ARDUINO MEGA from the micro-SD card and then transmit it to the ARDUINO so that the Bootloader puts that program in the FLASH memory.

My aim is to have all the firmware updates onto a micro-SD card so that they can be loaded in the uVGA-II and the ARDUINO MEGA. This would avoid having to update through a USB connection and then from the micro-SD card for the uVGA-II.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Cheers,
    ERIC

P.S. I have already asked the questions in a different discussion that add a different tittle and was also inquiring about other issue. Since I did not get any clear answer I am asking again in this specific thread.

Hmm, I thought you got most of the amswer in the post(s) and the rest of it in a PM.

Please clarify exactly which bit of the puzzle is missing
    Mark

Comment

Sorry if it is not very clear.

Actually I am more looking for ARDUINO answers as to what is the procedure to update the ARDUINO firmware, so that I can reproduce that procedure from the uVGA-II. I just though somebody in this forum might have tried that. I will now ask that question un the ARDUINO forums.

Really what would be cool is if somebody could tell me which info has to be received by the ARDUINO to start the firmware update.

Hope it is clearer. Let me know. If not the I'll give it another go.

Cheers,
      ERIC

Comment

FOLLOW UP:
        I posted on the ARDUINO forum : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,140485.0.html and got an answer.

Comment

Sounds simple.

Do you just send the straight hex file, or does it need commands wrapped around it and some sort of 'conversion'?
          Mark

Comment

I am checking that point in the thread. Hopefully I can get a more detailled answer from the ARDUINO forum.

Comment

Working...
            X