display an image with picaso gfx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• display an image with picaso gfx

hello i would like to know the which function can i use to display an image in jpg format from uSD card to the display?
    thanks for help

You cannot display a jpg directly you need to use Graphics Composer (GC) if using Designer, Serial, or (sometimes) ViSi. If you are using the Image object in Genie or ViSi it will convert the image for you
    Mark

Comment

I created an image via GC but i don't know how to display it in GFX mode! isn't it any function to do it please?
      Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

You still haven't said whether you are using Designer, Serial, ViSi or Genie.

There are plenty of examples here http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes.php

As well as in the samples supplied when you install workshop.
        Mark

Comment

i'm using designer environment! i loaded the image into the SD card via Graphic composer! now i would like to know wich function can i use to display the image on the screen
          regards

Comment

The ImageControlTutorialDemo1.4DG program is probably the best place to start, that shows the 'normal' way to to images, etc. and ImageControl is your best friend for touch detection.

If you don't want to use ImageControls a simple file_Image(...) will work (after mounting the uSD card and Opening the file)

If you want to display RAW images have a look at the Goldelox appnote.
            Mark

Comment

i tried many ways to display an image even file_image() but no results. when i use media_image() function, i only got a white pixel on the screen. displaying images only work for sgc mode with images in fat memory.
              isn't there any script to display image in gfx mode please?
              thanks a lot

Comment

isn't there any script to display image in gfx mode please?
                You mean program? Isn't "ImageControlTutorialDemo1.4DG" such a program? Does it work?
                Mark

Comment

displaying images only work for sgc mode! i put jpg images in fat format but no results this is my code:

media_Init();
                  pause 500
                  media_SetSector(0x0000, 0x0000) ; set the address pointer
                  media_Image(10,10)

but nothing happens i just get a white pixel on the screen at position 10,10

Comment

Please clarify what you are doing.

At one point you say "i put jpg images in fat format" How did you go about that?

And then you go on to use media (RAW) commands, when you said the image is in FAT format.
                    Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X