Faster updating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster updating.

I found this link on youtube and it looks like one of your 3.2" displays. The update rate is very fast on this. The only way I have been able to achieve this kind of update rate is to paint a nice background from the SD card and then use the 4dgl functions to draw indicators. Full screen painting from the SD card from an avi for all indicator positions only yields 3-4 frames per second which isnt real fast. How are they achieving the gradient on the indicator lines and how are they handling the repainting of the screen below when the indicator goes down? I know you dont have the code so its speculation, but what is your best guess on this?

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvZ3dcys7VE[/video]]

Can you show the code that you say was only giving 3-4 frames per second?
    Mark

Comment

The attached (needs WS4 to open) example does just over 10 fps (This is full screen, I think the youTube video has part of the screen static)

Attached files fsgauge.zip (1.5 KB)
      Mark

Comment

Hi sccoupe,

I am currently working on gauges that are very similar to the one you posted. My frame rate is also only about 5fps as is the one in the youtube video. The best way to do this is to use a gif for the meter area of the gauge, with a background gradient same as the static background image.

What he has done there is as support said, draw the background image, then load frame by frame the gif image. Its reasonably fast and because in that example he only has 60 frames for that gauge meter there is no noticeable lag. Well... you can see frame a bit choppy but its not that bad.

Rememeber to make your images with a specific colour background then use that as the transparency colour.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X