uCam TTL Camera interfacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uCam TTL Camera interfacing

I have been trying to use the ttl module using the demo software using a serial adaptor but cannot receive the acknowledgment from the camera. I have to use this camera with Arduino Duemilanove board to get images on the PC. Can anybody provide me with any sample code and circuitry for the same. it would be great. Moreover, the dataaheet suggests to use uUSB-CE5 with the camera. So would purchasing the same be sufficient to turn the camera on. Please help me out with the interfacing to successfully use this product in my project.
    Thanks

Wich serial adapter are you using and how have you got it connected?
    Mark

Comment

I am using USB to serial adaptor which has a DB9 at one end and usb at the other and I am connecting the RX and Tx pins of camera to pin 2 and 3 of adaptor. I am getting a 'Sync Response not correct' when using it with the demo software.

Comment

You say you have a TTL camera, but then you describe your USB to serial adapter in such a way that I suspect it is RS232 levels.

If that's the case it wont work, and could damage the camera module.
        Mark

Comment

I will recheck my convertor once. But it gives a 3.3V output. Is there anyway to directly connect the camera to Arduino board so that i can recieve the captured image directly on PC?

Comment

Can't see why it shouldn't be possible, but I've never tried it, sorry
            Mark

Comment

It would be great if you can somehow provide me with a sample code and circuit for Arduino.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X