Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-43-PT uSD Card intermittent mounting

Hi,

We've a few systems in-use which randomly reports when reset "Drive not mounted..."

The code was snatched from some of the demo stuff. Normally a power cycle sorts it out! Am I doing anything wrong here or can I trap this better as it's quite an important project?

putstr("Mounting...\n");
    if (!(disk:=file_Mount()))
    while(!(disk :=file_Mount()))
    txt_Set(TEXT_COLOUR, 0xFFFF);
    putstr("Drive not mounted...");
    pause(500);
    gfx_Cls();
    pause(200);
    wend
    endif

Thanks in advance,

Zera

Are you saying file_Mount fails consistently once it happens until a power cycle is executed, or are you saying it happens intermittently?

Which PmmC version are you using? (There was a bug ages ago, with a particular brand and size of card would fail every second mount)

What make and size of uSD card are you using?
    Mark

Comment

Hi ESPSupport,

Yes in very few occasions the drive will not mount and will get stuck in a loop re-trying intill we've power cycled the system. A display reset may also work but in the field where this problem has demonstrated itself we can only try a power cycle. It's now happened to two different systems at different times.

We are using "uLCD-43PT-GFX-R32.PmmC" file on all displays.

We are using original SanDisk 2GB cards.

Cheers,

Zera

Comment

Hmm, How are these displays being powered?

(if power is marginal the uSD cards will be the first to suffer, if they were to get in a state where they 'hang up' a power cycle would probably be needed to bring them back to life)
        Mark

Comment

Hi,

Off a 1A +5V supply and adequately decoupled.

I'll look at EMC and maybe an alternative SD Card just in-case they're fake.

Cheers,

Zera

Comment

Working...
          X