Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD32-PT Screen Shows only White

Hi,
    I'm new to 4D Screens, I have done all required for SD card preparation, cables, firmware update, ect..
    The screen came with the SGC firmware which will not connect to workshop 4,
    i have built the example bar slider with gauge project, i have my SD card in one port in my adaptor, and my screen connected in another port (led is blue) all fine. I have selected flash and build, it has downloaded everything and asked for the sd card save, 2 files have been saved to the sd card. i then disconnect my sd card and plug it into the card slot on back of my screen.

I says that now it should display the program i have written.
    All i have is a white screen?

Have tried it a few times, restarted my computer, change ports. no difference.

am in need of some troubleshooting help.

Thanks in advance

My screen is a -32PT

**update**

I am just reading that this screen that i bought 4 weeks ago is now obsolete?? not recommended?
    Does this screen work with the new VisiGenie workshop 4?
    When i download the current PmmC file(SGC pmmc) to the screen, it shows the start up screen properly but will not connect in workshop 4.
    when i download the other PmmC file (GFX), the screen shows the version on start up and will connect and download the program and files, and then flashes drive not mounted continuously.

absolutely confused.

The 'white screen' sounds like the wrong PmmC is loaded.

"when i download the other PmmC file (GFX), the screen shows the version on start up and will connect and download the program and files, and then flashes drive not mounted continuously."

That sounds like the correct PmmC, is the uSD card connected at this point?
    Mark

Comment

When I load that (gfx) pmmc and it flashes drive not mounted, at that point the sd card is in the reader not in the screen. I then take the sd card from the reader and place it in the back of the screen , and the same message flashes , there's no change. My card is a 8 gb scan disk. I have partitioned it using the software you provided, it all seems ok. I used visi genie for the sample program, and it all went fine. It just flashes that and won't show the sample program.

Thanks for you quick help also

Comment

Is the disk formatted as FAT16 (or just FAT), as it should be?

Can you do a chkdsk against it from the DOS prompt and paste the results?
        Mark

Comment

Yes thank you, it was formatted to fat32 (default). I made it fat, and now the sample program in running using workshop 3. I will install workshop 4 now and see if it will work with this also.

thanks for your help, sry i missed that small detail.

Im sure i will have some further questions, but i will now have a read of how this system will communicate with my Mbed Microcontroller.

thanks alot

Comment

Working...
          X