Can't connect to uOLED-128-G1 module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to uOLED-128-G1 module

Some time ago I was bought two uOLED-128-G1 modules (rev. 1n). Both are GFX, while I need SGC. Unfortunately local dealer doesn't have any 4D Systems usb-serial interface in stock at all. So I tried to use generic FTDI FT232RL/3.3V breakout board w/circuit for reset line.

After powering up, display showed "4D Systems 4DGL" with colorful circle, and then analog clock with green background. (Jumper removed from connector). So seems it's works fine, but I can't do anything serial related.
    When I tried connect it to my PC to change PmmC with PmmC loader, every attempt ended with "Unexpected response from display:- 0" error. I press "load" button, display goes to black, then loader show "unexpected response" error, and module run clock.
    Workshop4 IDE don't recognize module. DISP tool showed error "Autobaud failed (baud rate incorrect?)"

FTDI board checked using terminal from Workshop4 IDE, with RX/TX line connected it echoed data correctly.

What else I can do, to solve this problem?

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

It looks like your display still has GFX loaded.

The failure to load would indicate the circuit for the reset line is NQR. The reset line is needed by the IDE to load programs and the PmmC Loader to load PmmCs, simple communication does not need reset.

The safest thing to do is buy a cable from a non-local dealer, or even direct from the 4D shop.

Your English is great, better than quite a few 'natives'.
    Mark

Comment

Thank you for quick reply!
      Yes, it's still GFX. Because I can't change PmmC
      Circuit for reset line was taken from 4D Systems datasheet, so I think it should be Ok.

Anyway, I would like to buy original usb-serial cable. But shipping to Russia is expensive, and if this wont help me - I will spend the money for nothing. So, if something wrong with these modules, I want to order not only usb-serial adapter, but all spare parts I need.
      It's my first experience with 4D Systems modules. How can I make sure that serial interfaces is Ok?
      I was planning to use them with arduino uno/mega.

ESPsupport wrote: It looks like your display still has GFX loaded.

The failure to load would indicate the circuit for the reset line is NQR. The reset line is needed by the IDE to load programs and the PmmC Loader to load PmmCs, simple communication does not need reset.

The safest thing to do is buy a cable from a non-local dealer, or even direct from the 4D shop.

Comment

If the reset line was correct then the module would reset.

Can you show me the datasheet you used and what you have created using it?
        Mark

Comment

Along with the uOLED-128-G1 modules I was bought DEVBOARD-G1, because local dealer doesn't have anything else in stock. I was used reset circuit from manual for this board.

ESPsupport wrote: If the reset line was correct then the module would reset.

Can you show me the datasheet you used and what you have created using it?

Comment

So, what can I do in this case?

Comment

All I can suggest is to check your wiring. If it is connected correctly to DTR on the FTDI board and is wired correctly it should 'just work'.
              Mark

Comment

Well, thanks to DFROBOT FTDI breakout board I spent few hours to understand what's wrong with my uOLED's. After all I realized, that my FTDI board has wrong connector description. They mixed TX with RX 8-( Now everything work like a charm! Thank you for you support!!!

ESPsupport wrote:
                All I can suggest is to check your wiring. If it is connected correctly to DTR on the FTDI board and is wired correctly it should 'just work'.

Comment

Working...
                X