use uCam-323 with PIC 16F2550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use uCam-323 with PIC 16F2550

Hi,it's my first question in this forum.I have just bought a uCam-323 and I test it with my PC, it's working very well.now , I wanna interface it with my microcontroler, should I remove the max 232 or what ?thank you

If you brought the uCam-323 then presumably it was to interface to an RS232 system.

It could be problematic to remove the Max232 from the uCAM, besides voiding your warranty and potentially damaging the camera, it might just not work.

Why not add one to your microcontroller?
    Mark

Comment

if you can't use it with ┬Ácontroller then whats it's purpose , i mean if u can only use it with a computer then buy a webcam
      anyway Ramoned i have the same issue i think we should use some rs232-to-TTL converter

Comment

I'm sorry, both sorts of Cameras are available, either RS232 or TTL, I'm presuming you purchased the one you wanted.

Perhaps you can email sales if you accidentally purchased the wrong type.
        Mark

Comment

how do i connect uCAM WITH PC TO CHECK CAMERA IS WORKING OR NOT???
          ksh15

Comment

ksh15,
            If you have a uCAM-TTL, you might need a USB to Serial(TTL) converter or a Serial(RS232) to Serial(TTL) converter to connect the Rx/Tx. uCAM-TTL is powered by 3.3V.

If you have a uCAM-232, you can use a USB to Serial(232) converter or a Serial(RS232) port to connect the Rx/Tx. uCAM-232 powered by 5V.

FYI: uCAM-TTL and uCAM-232 modules are discontinued products and are not available anymore.

You can use ┬ÁCAM-Tool to test the module.
            -Bilal

Comment

Working...
            X