Prevent useless rebuilds of all forms/objects if nothing has changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent useless rebuilds of all forms/objects if nothing has changed

When switching projects in Visi-Genie, even if nothing has changed to the projects, all the forms and objects are regenerated before one can upload the files to the display.

Can't there be a mechanism installed which is clever enough to detect this and to avoid this useless waste of time? Especially when you have quite a lot of forms with quite a lot of objects in a project, this is quite annoying...
    Best rgds,
    --Geert

This will be looked into
    Mark

Comment

hello, i,ve pulled up this old post to known if this kind of problem has been solved..
      thanks

Comment

It has been much improved since then, it might appear that it could be improved even more, but unfortunately there are 'interactions' between visuals and code that aren't always immediately apparent
        Mark

Comment

Just another question about this behaviour.. some time i make a little variation in my code that not involve graphic elements and IDE rebuilt and regen the GCI and DAT files.. if i dont reload the file onto usD it could be a problem?

Comment

Only if the files really did change

Which environment are you using and what sort of change have you made?
            Mark

Comment

tipically i use Visi environment and in this case i've add a function that calculate an average of an array of values..

Comment

Hmm, now that you mention it, I've noticed that on occasion as well.

Have you got a handle on what causes it?

(BTW simply clicking on anything in the form or object inspector will register a change, maybe that's it?)
                Mark

Comment

hmmm.. it could be.. now i pay attention about it..if i note something i will report you

Comment

Working...
                  X