Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strings Alignment Workshop 4 WPTU32 Visi Genie

Hi all,

Got my 32WPTU a few days ago and having fun trying things out. So far I have connected to an arduino via Visi Genie and have been able to play sounds, move guages, send strings and a few other things. The problem I'm having is with trying to Right align a string. In the Wordshop IDE, changing alignment from left, center and right works fine within the IDE and in the string editor, however after programming the display, the string is always aligned on the left. Is anyone able to confirm this or am I overlooking things? For now I'll try padding out the character array with spaces. Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Damon

Alignment only works for 'pre defined' strings.

If you are sending the string from the controller it will be left aligned.
    Mark

Comment

I was having the same issue, and thought I must be doing something wrong... so searched the forum.

Is this "feature" by design, or is there a plan to update Visi-Genie to allow specific justification settings for strings sent from the controller?

--Jon

Comment

It's by design, the alignment is done by Workshop when the program is built by prepending the appropriate amount of spaces.

The original idea was that all strings should be predefined, so your 'small' controller can generate strings just by sending an integer.

If your controller is big enough to send full strings then it should also be big enough to calculate and prepend the required spaces.
        Mark

Comment

Great, thanks. As long as we know the logic it makes it easier to plan and layout screens/forms.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
          X