Image error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image error

When loading images on a 4.3 I am getting an interesting image on screen. The letters of "Show" are being clipped even though they are part of the image and not actual text. Is it due to the image compression to fit it with in the defined area?
    Attached Files

No idea what the original resolution is/was, but if it's not 132x116 then it will be 'adjusted' by windows to fit and that could cause all sorts of visible aberrations depending on what the original size is.
    Mark

Comment

The resolution is exactly the same as the images of "Average" and "Data Collection" that are next to it.

Comment

Can you use zip project and send your project to mark at 4dsystems dotcom dot au
        Mark

Comment

18mb zip file on its way. Sorry for the delay, was off site for a while. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
            No idea what the original resolution is/was, but if it's not 132x116 then it will be 'adjusted' by windows to fit and that could cause all sorts of visible aberrations depending on what the original size is.
            The original image is 132x116, but the object is 130x126, so it's Windows scaling of the image that is causing the issue
            Mark

Comment

Okay. I changed the exact image to 131x116 or 133x116 and don't have this issue. So an aspect ratio of 1.13... in windows is bad. But change that ratio to 1.14... or 1.12... and we are golden. If I change the object to 131x126 or 131x127 problem solved. That seems a little weird.
              Last edited by kaaasap; 5 June 2014, 11:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add testing of object size

Comment

Yeah, it can do some odd things, I think the 'internal' resizing using by windows is highly optimised for speed and not quality. If you do that sort of resize in paint, for example, it seems to work fine.
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X