Highest density screen with a Picaso board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest density screen with a Picaso board

I read somewhere that there was an Amoled board in the past, it will be nice to have a higher density small display (240x240) but in the same form factor than the 128 uoled driven by the Picaso... I am wondering, could this be feasible ?

The AMOLED board you have probably heard about was the 2.4" 320x240 display. But this is the same density as the current 2.4" LCD display.

Generally the density of these displays is 'optimal', there is not much to be gained by making a higher density display.
    Mark

Comment

Well, the uoled 128 g2 is roughly 128 pixels for 27mm display or more or less 128ppi , We have smartphone display with 350 and even higher PPI so there is room for improvement, current board are awesome and I am amazed to see what they can do in such of small sized board and how simple it is to code with the 4dgl, only the resolution is "relatively" low to current standard, I am hoping to see in the future similar boards driving some Samsung super amoled small display

Comment

The problem is that those displays with much higher resolution require a much faster processor to update them as fast. If you've ever used the 4.3" screen with the picaso you'll notice it's much slower because of the higher resolution it has to deal with (480x272). To run the displays with the higher resolution and therefore higher ppi we would need a much faster processor (The BeagleBoard and rasberriPi come to mind). That's why those smartphone have processors in the GHz. Maybe that Diablo processor will be able to handle some higher resolutions with more speed? Although, I have a feeling it won't be doing smartphone displays anytime soon. Those are a whole different world as far as speed and power go.

Comment

I totally agree that the cpu must scale as the PPI is scaling up too, specially in the range of 480x272 and up, but if we stay reasonable like 256x256 the Picaso should be enough powerful to provide the same level of functionality that what one can actually do on a uoled128 but with better graphic visual and also more space for the code , that board could be actually a good candidate to challenge all those 240x240/232 TFT display powered devices....

Comment

That's true, I have wondered why they didn't offer Picaso versions of some of those smaller screens. You're right, seems like it would make them a lot more capable. Would be interesting to know if there's a reason that none of those have picasos.

Comment

Working...
            X