Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing splash screen µOLED-96-G2

Hello,
    I'm using the uOLED-96-G2 display as serial slave with a PIC18 µprocessor (with MPLAB programming environment). I don't want the default splash screen ("4D Systems...") to show up when starting my device.
    I was looking for a solution to change the splash screen, but it seems not to be possible with the new PmmC file with which we can't use the DISP Tool anymore. Is that right?
    Anyway, the other solution I found in the forum, sending something else before the splash screen appears, doesn't work either. I either get some error message "Missing interr..(display ends)" or a "dead" display which wouldn't react to any further messages. The splash screen has to be there around 100ms before any other communication with the display module works correctly.
    So has anyone any idea where the problem is and how I can fix this?
    Thanks already for your replies.
    lh

The splash is just a bit of 4DGL in here C:\Users\Public\Documents\4D Labs\4DUpdates\Utils\UOLED-96-G2.INC You can modify it to anything you want, or just blank it out.

BTW Using the default screensaver settings the display will be responsive to commands for about 5 seconds before the splash is displayed. If you try sending a command too soon then it could come up with things like you have noted, but if you wait about 2.5 seconds after power up you should be fine.
    Mark

Comment

Well ok, that's an easy approach. But how do I tell the display to use this modified splash screen? Do I have to load the INC-document via the workshop program or how is the procedure?
      Thanks a lot for your help!

In my case, after a reset it's about 2.5 seconds until the splash screen is displayed. But I'm not sure if I'm using the default screensaver settings...

lh

Comment

Just reload SPE and it will be in use
        Mark

Comment

Perfect, it works.
          Thanks to you and the forum!

Comment

it arose that I have to use my display in reverse landscape mode. How can I change the splash screen to reverse landscape? I know the screen mode SPE command, but this works only after the splash screen was displayed (I gues...). And I didn't find an equivalent command with the GFX2 Internal commands, which I could write into the above mentioned inc-document...

Any ideas?

Comment

Images on Goldelox can only be displayed in 'native' mode. So you need to take your image and alter its orientation in your favourite image editing software and then save it to the uSD card
              Mark

Comment

Well, it's not an image I want to display but the splash screen, which only consists of text... or is the splash screen treated like an image?

Comment

In that case just add
                  gfx_ScreenMode(LANDSCAPE_R) ;
                  to your splash routine.

The Internal function's names are almost always the same as the SPE 'library function' names.
                  Mark

Comment

Thank you Mark!
                    I had an old revision data sheet (don't know why...) and there the screen mode is explained as "set the delay in milliseconds between character printing".
                    Or maybe the mistake was, that the old datasheet was for Goldelox-GFX2!? Is this another kind than Goldelox?

Regards, lh

Comment

Which datasheet are you referring to exactly (The commands are only touched on in the datasheet, the Internal Functions Reference has more detail)

A long time ago what is now called Goldelox, was referred to as Goldelox-GFX2
                      Mark

Comment

I am referring to these two datasheets:

Well ok, datasheet wasn't the right word, these are the Internal Funktions References.
                        Nevertheless in the old one (rev 2.0) the Screenmode is described as above with the delay time.
                        But well, if one wants to work with technical/electrical stuff, one should have the current datasheet or else. So it's my fault... ;-)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X