Object in multiple forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object in multiple forms

Is there a way to display the same object in multiple forms? It would be very helpful to display a common text/image or indicators on all forms. Thanks!

No, you need to duplicate on each form.

It's certainly something you can do in ViSi, it's just outside the scope of Genie.
    Mark

Comment

Hello,

but, is there a way to at least display a video in multiple forms using magic?
      I tried the img_show(), but this does only work as long as the corresponding form is displayed.
      Can I somehow load the video into the currently displayed form with a magic object code snippet? Otherwise I'll have several dozens of duplicated videos.

Thank you very much in advance,
      Moritz

Comment

Hello Moritz,

I don't think that would work if your using the 'ActivateForm(x);' command.
        What I would suggest instead is using a single form then clearing the screen when necessary and deactivating unnecessary widgets.
        I've attached a simple program to demonstrate my point.

best
        Attached Files
        Michael

Comment

Hello,

thank you very much for the suggestion. The problem now is, that I have to get to the form containing the Videos by ActivateForm(1); An then I have to clear the screen and re-enable the needed elements. This results in heavy screen flicker. Can I not just load the form1 without displaying anything, then clear the screen and then enable all needed elements of this form?

By the way, where are commands such as ActivateForm(); documented, I cannot find it in the Diabolo reference manual. Are there more functions available, is there a seperate reference manual for visiGenie functions available maybe?

Thank you very much,
          Moritz

Comment

Hello Moritz,

To reduce the flicker, I would suggest using some kind of a "fade" function to gradually reduce the contrast of the display, show and enable all the necessary widgets and then use some kind of a "show" function to gradually increase the contrast of the display back to maximum.

The ActivateForm(); function is documented under the ViSi-Genie reference manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAGIC.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	66013

You might want to refer to that for other commands/functions that are exclusive to Genie Magic.

Best regards
            Michael

Comment

Working...
            X