No announcement yet.

uTOLED-20-G2 with Arduino & video stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purpose of Serial Commander is just to show you how to use the commands. To that extent Serial Commander requires a .GCI, simply because it is a 'simple known format'.

Just create a simple (small) image using Graphics Composer(GC) and use Serial Commander to demonstrate how to send it to the display.

Once you have the format 'mapped out' (which you say you already have) you don't need GC.

No, you cannot use the SPI bus for video streaming.
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for your answer. But you can see, that with the serial commander the picture does not appear normally?

Attached files

Comment

It looks like there is something wrong with the GCI you have sent, or else the display has been set to other than portrait mode (Goldelox displays must be in their 'native' mode to display images correctly).

Can you show the 'full' Serial commander log?
        Mark

Comment

Problem resolved ! It was the portrait mode. Thanks a lot !

But how can I stopping the movement of the screen swipe ?

Comment

Another question, why the connection doesn't support the 600K baud ? In the datasheet of the screen he support it ?

Thanks again !

Comment

You mean the screen saver?

Set the Screen Saver Timeout to 0
              Mark

Comment

Yes ! It's good ! Thanks again !

If I want to send images one after the other in sequence, how can I do? Because the Serial Commander allows only do one at a time. If I have for exemple a GIF image, how can I do this ?

Comment

Another question, why the connection doesn't support the 600K baud ? In the datasheet of the screen he support it ?
                  Indeed, it was loosely based on the highest documented serial speed being 256,000

To get beyond 256kbaud do the following.

Edit C:\Users\Public\Documents\_Archive\4D Labs\4DUpdates\Utils\SPE2GV12.INC with a text editor and go to line 152 which should be
                  setbaud(BAUD_>?SerialBaud?<
                  Change it to
                  setbaud(BAUD_600000) ;
                  Save it

Reload SPE onto your display, the speed in the splash will be wrong so ignore it.

Serial commander + Terminal may not work, this is due to the way the programming cable 'adapts' to 'non-standard' speeds, if it doesn't work and you really need it, there is some information in these forums somewhere that describes how to get it to work.

Also at 600kbaud you may notice some of the image getting lost, pacing the transmission, eg by delaying for 1ms every x bytes should stop this, if indeed it happens.

Hmm, becoming clearer now why 600k isn't in the standard options, eh?

Mark

Comment

If I want to send images one after the other in sequence, how can I do? Because the Serial Commander allows only do one at a time. If I have for exemple a GIF image, how can I do this ?
                    You just send the next image the same way
                    Mark

Comment

Ok I understand ! Thanks for your help !

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                      X