Code Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Simulator

Do you think about a code simulator in workshop IDE so that i can debug and test part of code , function etc without needing of hardware? this kind of implementation could reduce development time avoiding reprogramming of flash, uSD at every little modify in the source code.. this could be a good alternative to a InCircuitDebugger..

Thanks Pio, we have that sort of thing on the too do list, unfortunately it's not near the top at he moment.
    Mark

Comment

Hi I am new to the whole 4d system design end i would like to know if there is a software out for simulation

Comment

No, there is no simulation software available
        Mark

Comment

hi
          Just pinging again to see if you have developed something in the past couple of years.

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately, a simulator software is not yet available at the moment.

Kind regards,
            Sherwin

Comment

Really, given the I/O capability and the 'real time' nature of the product a proper simulator is not really feasible.
              Mark

Comment

Excuse me, but "real time" system should not stop every background functions (sys_timers or other events etc.) when it is displaying anything from uSD card or communicating...

For Diablo16 with max pixel transfer rate from uSD card about 1.4 MPX/s in not transparent and only 0.5 MPX/s in transparent mode there is no problem to delay every background events by hundreds of ms! This is definitely not how a real time system looks ...

In addition, all graphical elements from EVE are simulated in the IDE now (or should be), so for the first version of the simulator, it is only necessary to complete the simulation of the code run and display of system states and variables.
                I / O simulation is easily possible using text files with time-code or directly a binary file with a set sampling period (such simulators were commonly used 30 years ago under MS-DOS and were sufficient) ...
                Last edited by Miroslav Kovar; 18 January 2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X