Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you quickly load a uSD card with fonts and images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you quickly load a uSD card with fonts and images?

So, I have read the app notes and am using some custom fonts, colors, and images in my application. This display is looking sweet! Now that I'm nearing the end of my development cycle and looking forward on how to quickly implement this in an assembly line fashion, how do I make it so that the uSD card loading and display programming is a single click process?

Here is my current process:
    • Flash latest PmmC to screen
    • SPE Load set at 115200 baud with no screen saver (this is handled by the controller) using Workshop IDE.
    • Load up Workshop Project that has the various supported fonts for the uSD card. Hit Compile to format and load new uSD card with fonts.
    • Load up Graphics Composer 3 with the image/icons project file. Hit Build and offset the beginning address by known amount.
    • Load uSD card into display and go.
    I have tried to load the images in the workshop project but when I use Set Sector to the address supplied in the const.inc file, it doesn't do anything for any of the images/icons.

My wish list as it were would be a GUI or command line program that would copy a master data file to the new uSD card after it formats it. This way, I could supply a master uSD card/file that would be used as a release. And possibly change the PMC loader to load workshop's SPE settings (changed to 115,200 baud, no SS) after checking/loading new PmmC version.

Any chance of getting a streamlined utility like above or possibly help in the creation of one by me?

Have a look in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\4D Labs\SCRIPTS folder
    The scripts in the 4Dgl folder can be used to load PmmCs and Programs and cards and can be placed in a .bat file
    The scripts in the PC folder can be used to read/write images from/to uSD cards.

Take an image off a known good uSD card using ReadUsd (calculate the number of sectors by looking inside the file created by GC, calculating the size of the last object and addining it to the start of the last object).

Then you can use WriteUsd to create a clone of the original uSD card.

Note that Load4DglUsd does not work with Goldelox, so don't bother trying it.

ScriptC, which is needed to run the above, can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\DEP and is the only program needed on your production line PC.

To 'get' the SPE program, load SPE onto a display and then 'collect' the temp4D.4XE and temp4D.cfg files from the C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp folder
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for the help, Mark. This is exactly what I needed. It was a bit hard to figure out at first but with some searching of the forums, I figured it out.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X