X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wcole
    replied
    Doff,

Thank you so much! This is the information I have been looking for. I will follow through with your suggestions. Would you know of a better solution for what I am trying to do?

Thanks,
    Wyn

Leave a comment:

• Doff
    replied
    Hi Wyn,

I am using VisiGenie on the Diablo 16 chip (4DCAPE-70T).
    Did you mean the uLCD-70DT? http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uLCD_70DT/

I understand from your post that you intend to use the display as a stand alone multimedia player and that you prefer using the ViSi-Genie environment for designing your application. The ViSi-Genie environment, however, was designed to create host-driven applications. In your case,

1. The display sends a message to the host when the 'START' button is pressed
    2. The host receives the message and evaluates it
    3. The host sends the commands for playing the correct audio and video objects

The GTX tool in Workshop allows you to use the PC as a host to talk to the display running a ViSi-Genie application.

Due to this nature of the ViSi-Genie environment, what you are attempting to do is not quite possible.

but I don't see how to start an audio file at the same time you start a video.
    Actually it is possible to start playing a sound object and then a video object thru linking of multiple objects but you need to create 'dummy objects' just to complete the link. Also, there is no way to stop the video and sound at the same time. Again, ViSi-Genie is not the best environment for designing stand-alone or host-independent applications. I strongly recommend that you use ViSi. In addition to what ESPsupport suggested, you can also use 4D-AN-P3005 ViSi Adding Image and Video as a reference. If you want a learning guide for ViSi, you can read 4D-AN-M1003 General General Learning Guide Part 2.

Another important point that you might want to consider is the limitation of the display when used as a multimedia player. Kindly refer to these forum discussions.

http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...ideo-framerate
    http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...video-playback
    http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...t-normal-speed

Playing a video and sound simultaneously will slow down the processor further.

Hope this helps and regards.

Leave a comment:

• wcole
    replied
    Mark,

I appreciate the time you are taking to help me. In VisiGenie I don't see how to start a audio file then a video file. I only see the ability to start one event in the events tab. Is there an App note for VisiGenie to do what you are saying? I haven't located if there is.

Thanks again,
    Wyn

Leave a comment:

• ESPsupport
    replied
    You can do it in Genie. To play audio at the same time you start the audio first.

Leave a comment:

• wcole
    commented on 's reply
    I was hoping to do this in Genie, Will I need to do this in Designer? I see how to do the videos in Genie but I don't see how to start an audio file at the same time you start a video.

Thanks,
    Wyn

• ESPsupport
    replied
    In Genie you would just add mode videos, the same way you added the first. The issue with Genie would be that a slide show with Audio would need quite a bit of user interaction, or an external controller, which I don't think is what you are after.

So it would seem to be best to use ViSi as you would be able to do everything without an external controller.

There are various app notes that show how to do bits and pieces of what you need http://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes
    4D-AN-D3009 shows the 'slideshow' part.
    4D-AN-D3011 shows a video being started by a button.
    There's no ViSi sample for playing wav files as it's just too simple, but there is the Picaso Designer, General sample, FAT16Wav, which shows you the line(s) you need to add to your code.

You can use the Genie stub program, just create a dummy Genie program and click Tools, 'Boot uSD' which will build, compile and load the Genie uSD boot Program. This program then expects the program on uSD to be called "RunFlash.4xe". Immediately after compiling you will find the source to this program in C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\temp4D.4dg which you can copy to a permanent and customise as required.

Leave a comment:

• wcole
    commented on 's reply
    Which environment do you suggest I use. I attempted it VisiGenie but could not see how to do more than one video. Can you provide a sample with a couple of movies as well as a sample of the program I would need in FLASH to call the 'real' program on uSD?

Thanks,
    Wyn

• ESPsupport
    replied
    That all sounds rather straight forward and doable. You will just need a short program in FLASH to call the 'real' program on uSD.

Leave a comment:

• wcole
    started a topic play Multiple videos

play Multiple videos

My name is Wyn and I have entered into the forum at Atilla’s suggestion. I have a project that I have attempted to do but am having trouble getting to work. I am using VisiGenie on the Diablo 16 chip (4DCAPE-70T). I would eventually like to run it on the uLCD-35DT or 4DLCD-24QA.

I would like to create an interface that has six or seven buttons. Each button will play a separate Video and audio file. It may also play a slide show of images with audio playing. I also would like to know if it would be possible to run you hardware (board and monitor) by downloading the executable to the SD Card without having to connect the board itself to the computer?

If you need I can gen up an example.

If all this is possible, please let me know so Atilla and I can discuss what happens next.

Thanks for your attention and hopefully your help,

Wyn Cole
Working...
X