Remove "Mounting ..." message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove "Mounting ..." message

At startup the uLCD-24PTU prints a "Mounting..." message. I know where in the *.4DGenieS file this command resides but uncommenting/removing it is futile, since that file is generated again on build before deploying the application to the flash memory.

Is there any way to get rid of that message and start with a completely black screen?

You can comment it in

C:\Program Files\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\Genie\PICASO\P3.inc

if you really want to.
    Mark

Comment

So you can edit the same P3.inc file in the Diablo folder if your using a Diablo LCD screen?

I assume so, and commented out the string but have not complied it yet to see if it's removed. Wanted to ask to be sure.

Comment

Hello,

Yes that is correct. simply comment the line that Displays the 'Mounting ...' text, save, and then comp'n'load

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Don't need to edit this, goto File, Options, Genie in Workshop and change it there.

(The original answer was June 2013, things have changed since then)
          Mark

Comment

Thanks guys! I saw that beign able to remove that message was added to the feature list on a Genie software update but didn't find any instructions showing how or where to take advantage of that feature till now.

Comment

Working...
            X