Pull-Down Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull-Down Menus

Has anyone done anything with more complex menus like pull-downs with 5 or 6 selections?

I think there is a designer example, but I have a feeling it doesn't work very well because of the way it was written.

Can you give us an example of what you are trying to achieve?
    Mark

Comment

I want to implement a typical pull-down type menu in which initially it would give the default/present value with a down arrow next to it. Touching the down arrow would give 5 or so items available for selection. After touching the new item, the menu would roll up and the new item would then be displayed next to the down arrow. I want to use this method for language selection.

Fred

Comment

Right, the current, general way to do that is with interlocked buttons, some people also do it with momentary buttons.

Which platform are you using?
        Mark

Comment

I'm using the uLCD-43PCT.

Comment

SPE, Genie, or ViSi platform?
            Mark

Comment

Sorry, it's the ViSi platform.

Comment

Sorry, I can't find the sample that 'sort of' did what you are after (It wasn't that great anyway, completely text based and used reverse video to show the current selection).

The whole concept of pulldown/dropdown was not implemented in Genie as it is rather hard to do 'well' on such a small system.

Have a look at the way some of the samples do buttons (app notes and samples within workshop)
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X