Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable driver code

Hello,

I am looking for a portable version of driver code for picaso. I want to run it on a host of different micro-controllers. Mainly some FPGA that are running a software core.

So I need something that accepts function pointer and preferable RTOS friendly. Such as accepts RTOS delay functions.

Not sure if there is a library out there like that.

Not sure I follow exactly what you are asking for, can you please elaborate?
    Mark

Comment

Hello,

I want driver code (i.e. library) for the picaso LCD modules. That is easy to use on different micro-controller. I notice there is the driver code for the Arduino module, but it not written in a portable manner it only written for the Arduino platform . Also if the driver code is real time operating system (RTOS) friendly that would be better because my micro-controller is running a RTOS. So I am running multiple threads and interrupt service routine.

So if there is a library where I can pass in function pointer such as standardize read and write serial functions that would be great

Comment

For SPE there are libraries in C, Pascal and PicAxe Basic in C:\Users\Public\Documents\4D Labs\Picaso Serial for any other platform you will need to adapt them yourself

For Genie, there are a few other libraries on GitHub, but you should start by adapting the Arduino library as it is currently the most advanced.
        Mark

Comment

Yes I believe I will re-write the Arduino library to be a bit more efficient. Because I notice some the function are standardize as for there parameter and I could inline those function to reduce code set. Plus I will make it RTOS friendly so person could use there ISR and then if anyone want to use mutex with there ode they can do that externally with a wrapper function.

Comment

Working...
          X