uLCD-35DT and MBED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-35DT and MBED

Is there a library that will enable the uLCD-35DT to work with MBED? I'm moving off my arduino prototype and was wondering if I had to write a library/driver for it, or if one existed. Has anyone tried using/porting the sparkfun Arduino library in/to MBED?

Hello tomo21

sparkfun Arduino library
    ?
    I assume you are referring to the ViSi-Genie Arduino library, which is made by 4D Systems, not by Sparkfun...

Regarding MBED, sorry no we don't have a library that exists for this. There are so many platforms on the market we cannot support all of them. We are however starting to look towards the MBED platform however no work has started on it yet.

Which MBED board are you using?

Regards
    James

Comment

James,

Yeah I'm talking about the 4D ViSi-Genie Library, my mistake. Thanks for the info.

I'm using the STM32 Nucleo Board, right now the F103.

Comment

MBED has a library for a similar board up here https://mbed.org/cookbook/4D-SGC-TFT-Screen . Given that the ViSi-Genie Library works pretty much cross platform, will this library work for the uLCD-35DT?

I understand if there's no answer right now, but I'll update the thread once I try it myself.

Comment

SGC predated SPE, so it shouldn't be too much work to update that library to work with SPE. It's not a simple 1 for 1 replacement, but the operations style is the same.

SGC is completely different to Genie, so that library cannot really be used as a starting point for the Genie protocol.
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X