Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD-32PT(GFX) refresh

Hi,

I am looking for some help. I have LCD-32PT(GFX) with a DMX backpack from Milford Instrument which I bought over a year ago. I had to put this project on the back burner and I only dug it out the other day and getting back in to finishing this project.

I have a small problem with the screen refreshing when I touch it. I have a screen with about 18 buttons on it and if I touch it redraws it and I can see it do it is there any way to stop this. ie set the refresh rate to fast. I have nearly the software side complete and will be working on sorting out a case for the screen and backpack with a 9v battery compartment.

If anyone can recamend a case for the screen or know of any cases that are ready made for the screen and have a good bit of space ie if the case was about the size of 2 screen in landscape on top of each other. please let me know
    Tony

You haven't said what environment you are using, but most of the 'supplied' ways only refresh the things that need refreshing.

Can you give us a bit more information about what is going on?
    Mark

Comment

I am using 4D workshop 3 IDE. I have 12 buttons the the screen and very time I touch the screen it refresh and it also does it when I lift my finger off the screen. Its like if it is redrawing the buttons even I have set the buttons that there is no movement in them.

Here is the code to the main screen.

// button states
      var vButtonState[12], vOldButtonState[12]; // allows up to 16 scene select buttons

// button area for touch calcs
      #constant BUTTONWIDTH 60
      #constant BUTTONHEIGHT 60

#DATA
      // button legends
      byte dL '1',0,'2',0,'3',0,'4',0,'5',0,'6',0,'7',0,'8',0,'9',0,'A',0,'B',0,'C',0//,'D',0,'E',0,'F',0

// button X positions
      byte dX 30,100,170,240,30,100,170,240,30,100,170,240//,30,100,1

// button Y positions
      byte dY 50,50,50,50,110,110,110,110,170,170,170,170//,217,217,217

// hex lookup
      byte hexval "0123456789ABCDEF"

#END

/==================================================================================================
      // if any buttons have changed state, redraw them
      //==================================================================================================
      func redraw()
      var n,x,y;
      n:=0;
      x:=0; // initial position
      y:=0;
      gfx_Panel(0,x,y,320,240,PANELCOLOUR);
      repeat
      if ( vButtonState[n] == vButtonState[n] )

gfx_Button(BUTTON_UP, dX[n], dY[n], BUTTONCOLOUR, TEXTCOLOUR, 2, 4, 3, &dL[n
      Tony

Comment

Gee, seems like the way redraw() is written it is guaranteeing everything is redrawn.

It starts by drawing a panel that will erase the entire screen and then it has code like

if ( vButtonState[n] == vButtonState[n] )

gfx_Button(BUTTON_UP, dX[n], dY[n], BUTTONCOLOUR, TEXTCOLOUR, 2, 4, 3, &dL[n
        Mark

Comment

I don't need any thing fancy. I have the main backround black and the buttons are gray with black text. some of the code I have used is from samples I have found on the net and got with the screen and dmx backboard that was made by Milford in the UK.

I think I mite redo the buttons myself and if it fails will look in redoing it in ViSi to see what happens.
          Tony

Comment

Working...
          X