Picadillo Graphics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picadillo Graphics

Wow, the new Picadillo display looks really nice, A quick question on the graphics resources, I assume you could use the Microchip graphic development tools for display elements?.
    I will be watching for future app notes on this products.

EDIT: Ok I have my answer....got to read the datasheet first!.

Regards
    Bob
    Last edited by rcbandwidth; 20th June 2014, 01:10 AM.

Actually, for those of us who used and liked the Graphics Composer for the Picasso-based displays, it would nice to also use them with the PICadillo.

Can anyone from 4D tell me if your team has considered this, and whether perhaps you might write some PIC code that would read the .GCS format files ?

Comment

Hmm, probably a bit premature to announce, as it's changing day by day atm.

Have you got a Picadillo yet?

Then, maybe, you might be able to find UECIDE's 'GCIwidget'.
      Mark

Comment

As Mark has said, yes, there is a library which enables you to use GCI/DAT files from WS4 and make the Picadillo-35T display and interact with the objects/widgets.

Its called GCIwidget, and is on Github, however it is still being developed so is changing each day.

You are welcome to hunt it out, but if you wait maybe another week, then it should be more 'stable' and ready for people to use.

Regards
        James

Comment

Mark and James...

Excellent!

It will likely be a couple of weeks before I buy one anyway.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm using mikroe compilers for the AVR (Arduinos) and the 4D Systems 4DLCD-FT843 display. Works perfectly. I do the design using Mikroe's Visual TFT which generates all the code for the init of the display, button drawing etc. and also generates the units for event driven touch routines. In fact, once your screen layout is done, Visual TFT opens the code for you in the compiler, the press ctrl-F9 to build, and with no coding upload the code to the micro and watch the display come to life. I happen to use their Pascal compiler but they have C and Basic if you need it. Mikroe have a FT800 library for use with the 4D Systems Display.

They also have a compiler for use with the PIC32 processor used on the 4D Systems PICadillo board. So, in this instance you could most probably use Visual TFT to do the layout, get it to generate the code, and then write your software in their compiler and you're done.

Their compilers have a lot of libraries too. However, the only thing here is I don't know what display driver 4D Systems uses on the PICadillo.

Comment

Hi Voodle.

Yes I would expect the FT843 to work with the FT800 libraries, as that is all it is really - its a FT800 customised display. Its a very specific product which has nothing to do with our other normal products, so anything that can use the FT800 should work with the FT843, and the Visual TFT is one of those.

If you really wanted to use it for the PICadillo, then I suppose there is nothing stopping you. Obviously this isn't something we have tested ourselves. Personally I would use UECIDE and the libraries developed specifically for the PICadillo. The display driver used on the PICadillo is a HX8357D.

Bit of a swear word to talk about them on our forum, but ill let you off

Regards
              James

Comment

Hi James,

I wouldn't use the Picadillo with a FT843 display. I was pointing out to the other user that there's another compiler option other than the UECIDE. I'm exclusively pascal and even though I could learn C, I don't really want to. So I need a pascal compiler and the Mikroe software isn't too bad.

As for hardware, I'd stick with the 4D Systems stuff like the Diablo/Picasso displays. You guys make some good hardware!!

Comment

Hi Voodle, sorry wasn't meaning FT843 with PICadillo, 'it' was referring to Visual TFT.

Thanks for the feedback
                  James

Comment

Bit of a Video of the Picadillo-35T, which is on the product page now.

James

Comment

Working...
                    X