Start-up Time graphic on screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start-up Time graphic on screen?

So, I understand that the display takes some time to initially boot-up. Is there anyway to show an image or static text that says it's booting up? I apparently have impatient customers that see the blank screen and can't wait 5 seconds before the screen comes to life and I show our logo. They will then press the power button again and again thinking the screen/device is broken. Ah, the world we live in.

In PmmC 26 can a non-blank screen be displayed (ie, "Starting...") or a pre-programmed image, such as my company logo, be shown (this would be the bee's knees).

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

In Workshop -- File -- Options -- Serial,

Change the value of the parameter "Millseconds before start or 0 to disable" to 1.

Hope this helps and regards.
    Doff

Comment

Thanks Doff, while that does make it appear quicker, I was hoping (and no offense to 4D) to show our logo instead of yours or just a simple message that says that it is working/starting.

Comment

Hello Jeremy,

Kindly refer to this forum post:

http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...2%B5oled-96-g2

Doff

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

As was pointed out in the forum discussion to which I referred you, you can modify the include file for your display located in the "...4DUpdates/Utils" folder. This include file is a part of the SPE application which will be loaded on to your display. You can easily edit the include file to make the display print your company name or the text "starting". You can also draw lines and shapes using the appropriate commands. You also have the option of displaying images from the uSD card. Here is one way of doing it.

1. Create a ViSi project using your display. It may be a simple app for displaying your company logo. Basically you add an image to the WYSIWYG and paste the corresponding 4DGL code to the code area.
          2. Compile and download the program to your display. Note that Workshop also generates the graphics files for your application and copies these files to your uSD card (RAW format).
          3. Remove the uSD card from your PC and plug it to the display. The application shall now run.
          4. Open the SPE include file (make sure you create a backup copy) for your display. Here you 'insert' the 4DGL code in step 1, such that the simple app described in steps 1 to 3 will now become a part of the SPE application that will be loaded to your display.
          5. Save the changes you made to the include file. Now load the SPE application to your display. The image shall now be displayed at the start.

Attached is a zip file containing
          A. a ViSi project (for step 1 above)
          B. a modified include file (I used a uOLED-160-G2 for this demo)
          C. a photo of the result

Attached Files
          Doff

Comment

Working...
          X