Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Speed

Hi,
    Using a Microproceesor via serial I have 12 ADC reads and a lot of calculations being done and processing results, updating screen etc. and although I have constant check on a "Touch Sub" which also has a lot of touch area's to check, there is still quite a delay before it responds to a touch. The ideal way for this to work would be an Interrupt to the Microproceesor, and wondered if there is any way to programme the Diablo16 say to output on one of the I/O pins to be used as an interrupt? but still using serial.

David

It sounds like you are doing ADC on your micro processor talking SPE to Diablo and would like the Diablo to interrupt your processor when a touch occurs.

I'm not sure why that should make a 'constant check on touch sub' slow to respond, unless, maybe, if you are only talking at 9600 baud.

Could we have some more detail about what you are doing and how everything is connected together?
    Mark

Comment

• neelespn
      neelespn commented
      Editing a comment
      you could at some changes to your code

example

if serial available (

// read tough

)
      else (
      process analog input and send to display

)

Originally posted by ESPsupport View Post
    It sounds like you are doing ADC on your micro processor talking SPE to Diablo and would like the Diablo to interrupt your processor when a touch occurs.

I'm not sure why that should make a 'constant check on touch sub' slow to respond, unless, maybe, if you are only talking at 9600 baud.

Could we have some more detail about what you are doing and how everything is connected together?
    Yes I thought of changing speed of serial after I posted and have increased it from 9600 to 38400 which is the max for serout comand, this has made a great difference. The touch responds quickly now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X