Data Logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Logging

Hi, i have a program to read voltage from arduino host, i used the library genieArduino for make the program with VISI-GENIE,but i need to make a data logger with the uSD,i dont know how do that, i read some applications notes but you used VISI and not VISIGENIE.

Yes, you will need to use ViSi.

You will need to do some real programming on the Diablo then.

You can find a few ViSi samples in file, Samples, Picaso ViSi (Picaso code will generally compile + run on Diablo16 unchanged)

For the logging part, maybe have a look at the Picaso Designer samples for writing to uSD.

You could possibly use 'save as ViSi' on your Genie code and then add the logging code. Beware of opening and closing the file so as to not lose data, if you don't log all that often you could probably do it 'every time', but for intensive logging you will need to come up with a better way.
    Mark

Comment

ok, in the programation with VISI, how can i send an array of 100 samples for write into uSD from the arduino GENIE?

Comment

I was thinking, if you used a 'save as ViSi' Genie program you would just write to uSD every time a 'gauge' or some other visual object was updated.

Otherwise I don't think I fully understand just what you are trying to do
        Mark

Comment

ok, im trying to make a data logger for a voltage 0-5v, i thought use the analog input of diablo16, but i need a range of 5V, is for that i use the arduino and the library GENIE for communicate the arduino with the display. But i need to make a data logger during 10 seconds, and every second have 10 samples, therefore i need to logger inside microSD 100 records of my voltage of arduino every time push a button. And visualized in a SCOPE graph. i dont know how send that records of voltage to the micro SD

Comment

I'd use a simple resistor divider to turn 5v into 3.3v and use the Diablo all by itself and program in ViSi.

I'd start with the scope ViSi sample and get the display / analogue working right and then add a couple of buttons,'Start logging' to open the log file and start logging and 'end logging' to close the file.
            Mark

Comment

Yes, I thought using a resistor for make a divisor voltage, but that's introduce a lot of noise to the real signal and i dont wanna that. I need to use the arduino or use a ADC. Any way i want to learn how send an array of 100 values from the arduino to the uSD.

Comment

If you want to send 100 values you will need to design some sort of communications protocol and then implement it. There are a few 'single value' protocols in this forum.

Maybe you can use something like the way strings are sent in Genie (set max string length to 100 and use the Unicode string send to send 100 values at a time). Hmm, maybe not, as 0x0000 will be interpreted as 'end of string' but it might be worth looking at to give you something to start with and work from.
                Mark

Comment

Hi Davidmx4

Regarding the noise you found with the voltage divider... what sized resistors were you using? Maybe you were loading your source too much due to the size of resistors you chose?
                  Consider doing a voltage buffer with an Op Amp?
                  James

Comment

Working...
                  X