Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-144-G2 Contrast programmation

Dear all,

I'm a hobbiest French programmer, I use the uLCD-144-G2 to create a thermostat system with Raspberry master (RS-232).

I goal is to contrast the LCD display during the night and/or to create a screensaver.

I try using the command gfx_Contract(numx) //numx is changing between 0 to 15// according the Goldelox datasheet.

My programmation doesn't work and the contrast never change if I put 0 or 15 directly.

Somebody try the contrast on this display and if yes, can you give me somes tips.

Thank you very much.

Thibaut.

There is no contrast control on the uLCD-144, the Goldelox contrast control only works on OLED displays
    Mark

Comment

Hello,

I have a similar problem with the uLCD-144-G2, I want to switch the display including the background light off when not used.

According to the documentation I have expected that the above mentioned gfx_Contrast command is the right one.

Contrast 0 = Display OFF Contrast 1 - 15 = Contrast Level EXCEPTION: uLCD-144-G2 does not support Contrast ‘levels’, values from 1-15 could be set to turn the display ‘On’ and 0 to turn the Display ‘Off’.
      But regardless if I use the serial command or the the Designer ViSi or Serial Environment I see no change on the display.

Please advice how the it is possible to switch off display and background light.

Best Regards,

Oliver

Comment

Ouch, that is very badly worded.

Actually the backlight cannot be turned off on the uLCD-144-G2, so the contrast command is not applicable at all to that display.

If you look at the circuit in the datasheet the backlight is connected to the displays reset line as there are no 'spare' lines to otherwise control the backlight.

So this means the backlight is only off when the display is reset.

If you tried to control the backlight using this line I expect the display would flicker like it does when power is first applied, as it would need to be completely re-initialised.
        Mark

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer.

Could you tell me how i can control the RES_LCD output from the Goldex?
          I have searched the Serial and Designer manual but didn't found any hint.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Oliver

Comment

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough, you can't.

But leave it with me for a few days
            Mark

Comment

Hi,

with a little bit of soldering (and herby lousing warranty) it should be possible to connect the background light to one of the GPIO's.

Unfortunately it seems not possible to control the GPIO's via the serial command interface.
              Is this true?
              Could you provide a updated SPE program that support the GPIO's?

Best regards,

Oliver

Comment

I have emailed you a couple of PmmCs to try.

You should be able to turn the backlight on and off by setting contrast to non-zero and zero. There will be a brief ‘white screen’ when turning the display back on, this is unavoidable.

On my displays power consumption went from 57ma (-A display) down to 9ma when contrast was set to 0.
                Mark

Comment

Hello,

it seems that my display I received 2014/01/07 from a distributor was manufactured 2012/02/08 and a old one without A.

Thanks a lot for the updated PmmC file it works like fine. the brief "white screen" is not nice but acceptable.

I would reccomend to release that new PmmC files officially as it is a big improvement.

Best regards,

Oliver

Comment

Where can I get this PmmC? I have the same problem switchiing display on and off but I need this function. Is this function already implemented in latest GOLDELOX PmmC version 2.6 (7th. Oct. 2015)?

Comment

The 'fix' is in the 2.6 PmmC, it just means you can turn the display on and off using the gfx_Contrast command.
                      Mark

Comment

Well, with the 2.6 PmmC I can switch on an off backlight but how can I get the "white screen" disappear. All commands are accepted (ACK) by the module but no command works. After gfx_CLS the screen is still white. Which is the command to get the module work after using gfx_CONTRAST()?

Comment

Which display are we talking about? Check the available PmmCs, sometimes an incorrect PmmC might appear to work, but then 'go haywire' with certain commands
                          Mark

Comment

I have a uLCD144-G2-A-R24 and I used the PmmC from this link http://www.4dsystems.com.au/download...44-G2-R26.PmmC

Comment

Oops, the 'A' PmmC is not on the web site, we'll get that fixed.

These days Workshop downloads the latest PmmCs for you, it shpuld be in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\4D Labs\4DUpdates\PmmCs folder

If you do an 'auto' update using PmmCLoader, the PmmCLoader tool should present you with the two possible variants and your should be able to select the 'A' variant and load that.
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X