device is not responding:uOLED-96-G2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• device is not responding:uOLED-96-G2

Hello,I have a uOLED-96-G2 I downloaded the drivers for windows and I think that is work,but when I enter the 4d systems workshop4 , I open new project for uOLED-96-G2 and I go to comms it shows me comm3(where the device connect) and I press the batton it write to me "device is not responding".
    what to do?
    I needs it for work so please help.
    thanks,yuval.

P.Sorry for my English,english is not my native language.

Hi,

1)Were you able to check the orientation of the USB programming cable or uUSB-PA5 when connected to the uOLED-96-G2? Please verify if the orientation is proper. You will see the labels on the connector and on the module ( connect 5V to 5V, RES to RES, etc).

2) If the module is properly connected to the programming cable or adapter, it should power up and display the SPE and PmmC versions (scrolling text).

The ViSi User Guide may help you: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/Software/4D-Workshop4-IDE/Docs/ViSi/ViSi-User-Guide-REV1.pdf

Go to page 34 of that document.

Hope this helps.
    Doff

Comment

thanks for the speed reply!
      ok,I checked it and it connect as you said(5V to 5V, RES to RES, etc),and Write on the screen that scrolling text:
      4D Systems
      uOLED-96-G2
      SPE2 rev 1.1
      PmmC rev 2.4
      Comms 9600
      and (c) 2013
      when I press to check the device at comms I press comm3(where the device is connect) and it yellow and then red and written "device not respnding".
      what next?
      thanks,yuval.

Comment

1) Ok, which one are you using - the 4D Programming Cable or the uUSB-PA5?
        Choose here: http://www.4dsystems.com.au/group/17/Accessories/

2) You can also click on the images on the link above to see detailed information about the programming cable or adaptor.

3)
        Hello,I have a uOLED-96-G2 I downloaded the drivers for windows and I think that is work

Sorry for asking, but we need to make sure that the drivers are installed properly for your module to work. Can you please start device manager and click Ports (COM & LPT). Examine the properties of each device present, the correct one should have Manufacturer: FTDI. Attached is my screenshot (I'm using a uUSB-PA5).

4) when I press to check the device at comms I press comm3(where the device is connect) and it yellow and then red and written "device not respnding"

If you press the traffic light, does the display blank out and reset?

Attached files
        Doff

Comment

1)im using the uUSB-PA5

2\3)I have only 1 device at ports:
          USB serial port(com3)
          at the Properties the device type is ports(com & lpi) the Manufacturer is FTDI
          and location is 0

4) do you Mean the Circle?
          if yes so when I press it the scrolling text stop scrolling and there is only the text(not scrolling )
          what next?
          thanks yuval.

Comment

USB serial port(com3)
            at the Properties the device type is ports(com & lpi) the Manufacturer is FTDI
            and location is 0

Kindly attach a screenshot of you USB Serial Port properties window. Thank you.
            Doff

Comment

Attached a screenshot.
              maybe it will help, when I go to serial ==>tools==>Serial commander
              and go to putstr the string show on the device screen.
              yuval.

photo2.pdf Attached files photo2.pdf (108.4 KB)

Comment

Ok, what happened to your other devices (those with yellow question marks)?

1) Try to replace your USB to mini cable. Try other brands/makes. Some cables transfer power only and not data.

2)If the above fails, perform a loop-back test on your uUSB-PA5. Attached is a procedure for testing a single uUSB-PA5. Attached files singleuUSBPA5.zip (393.8 KB)
                Doff

Comment

Here is another procedure for testing uUSBPA5 units in case the above is not clear. This is for testing two uUSB-PA5 units though, but the idea is the same.

You might also want to try manually reinstalling your drivers as a last resort. Here is another relevant post which might help you along the way.

http://4d.websitetoolbox.com/post/Serial-port-not-responding-w-software-amp-Device-6350841?highlight=device+responding Attached files uUSB-PA5_Testing_Procedure.pdf (250.8 KB)
                  Doff

Comment

O.K.
                    I bridged Tx and Rx of the uUSBPA5 . Using Windows hypertrm program everything I sent was received correctly back.
                    This is a proof that the cable and drivers are working fine.. isn't it?

Comment

Hi,

Ok. Now we really want to make sure of the connections. Attached is the pin configuration for the uOLED-96-G2. It also shown here how the uUSB-PA5 should be connected to the module. Also, kindly take a photo of your connections and post it here. Thank you.

Attached files uOLED96G2_connections.zip (902.3 KB)
                      Doff

Comment

Dear Sir
                        The uOLED96-G2 does not work with the shield supplied by 4DSYSTEMS. I connected the USB-PA5 to the display without the shield everything works perfect
                        Do you have any idea what is wrong with the shield?

Pictures are attached.

Attached files

Comment

Working...
                        X