Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uLCD-70DT-AR: Is there a way to input a series of variables (numbers).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uLCD-70DT-AR: Is there a way to input a series of variables (numbers).

Hello, is there a way to input a series of variables on one screen. By using one keyboard with one key as a "next" button and another key as an "back" key, or by another method? (The values will be saved and passed along to an Arduino.) Also, I'm using a momentary button on another screen. Is there a way to drive a pin high while the button is pressed. I'm using visi-genie. Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area.

Thank you

Hi bigpip79,

Hello, is there a way to input a series of variables on one screen. By using one keyboard with one key as

a "next" button and another key as an "back" key, or by another method? (The values will be saved and passed

along to an Arduino.)
    Input ViSi-Genie objects send their values to the host when they are triggered. The keyboard object, for instance, sends a message to the host when it is pressed. The message contains the value of the button pressed. The calculator demo in github illustrates this. If you want, I can get someone to send you a simplified version of that demo.

https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Ge...emo-Calculator

Also, I'm using a momentary button on another screen. Is there a way to drive a pin high while the button is pressed. I'm using visi-genie.
    Are you using two screens? Did you mean a pin of one of the displays or a pin of the Arduino host? To control a pin of the display, you can use the pin output object. The application notes ViSi-Genie Pin Input and Output and ViSi-Genie Writing to Objects using an Arduino host illustrate how.

http://4dsystems.com.au/appnotes

Hope this helps and regards.
    Doff

Comment

For the second Question,

Its on a different form, same display. The pin I'm trying to drive high in on the diabilo. ( one of the 16 I/O pins). In the object manager, under the button, there is an output tab. There is a value for a pulse. Also, most of the notes I saw were indicating that the diabilo doesn't react till after the button is released.

Thanks

Comment

Hi bigpip79,

If you set the property "Momentary" of a button to "Both", it will send a message with a value of "1" when it is pressed and another message with a value of "0" when released. You can program the host to drive the pin output object high or low depending on the message received.

Hope this helps somehow. Regards.
        Doff

Comment

It does,

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X