Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Scope cunundrum

Greetings:
    ​ I have been playing with a 4D System display and a raspberry Pi for a while now, but now i have a real project to accomplish. By now all de buttons, Forms and LED´s have worked superb. But now I have to plot a three phase graph. So I used the scope, as I have seen it can deal with four traces, and everything was fine. But when I started sending the simulated data it did not plot a sine wave in any trace, as I was expecting. Instead it just plotted three different horizontal lines that change with the value sent from the Pi. I started to try to fix it by changing the value at which it refresh, no result, then I changed the Xmag value, achieving to graph one value and then again the horizontal line in the value sent, for example supposing I have a one trace plot. If I first send a 50, it will plot a line from cero to 50 If then I send a 25, it will plot a horizontal line in 50 and then one to the 25 if now again I send a value of 30 then it will erase the plotted data draw a horizontal line in the 25 and a line to the 30, changing the Xmag value changes the slope of the line. It seems like It is nott saving the other values. I hope someone could help me with this problem.​
    Regards

Hi MrEEPBppt,

Is it possible to upload your project file so we can replicate your problem here?

Regards.

Comment

Shure, I added all the files I think are needed, There used to be a video in Form(0), but in my search for the scope to work I started to remove things. I don´t know if the raspberry pi C code is needed because it behaves the same with my PC. Thanks for your fast answer
      Attached Files

Comment

I uploaded a video in youtube showing the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTx...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Hi MrEEPBppt,

You said on your first post that you need to plot 3 phased graph on the scope.
          On your scope you set it to 4 traces. Have you tried 3?
          If you have 3 traces scope the pattern for updating the traces value is this:

Trace 1 ->> 50
          Trace 2 ->> 25
          Trace 3 ->> 30

after sending that values in sequence, scope will update after 30.
          If you send again another 3 values. It will start again in Trace 1 and so on.

Reagards.

Comment

Yes I have tried with three, four and one, with the same result. In fact in the code I send the data per fase one after another, in that way you are able to see how three horizontal diferent lines go up and down the screen.

Comment

Hi MrEEPBppt,

I've seen on your video that you are sending a file to scope. Is that the hex file sample which is included in Workshop installer? And it seems that the XMAG properties is set a large value.
              Coz we tried your app project here and send a value to the scope, seems no problem.

Regards.
              Last edited by Abed; 23rd July 2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Yes that file was he square wave file in the single trace scope example, but the result with the other files is very similar. Is there a firmware actualization for the display?

Comment

Working...
                X